1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley regret?

Discussion in 'General' started by wera313, Aug 31, 2019.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

But they drive from the right side of the car. :Poke:

2. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I dunno about that, I wear the same Vanson jacket riding my Low Rider that I wear riding the Hyper. :rolleyes:

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  3. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Sweet... so you don't own a black t-shirt that says Harley Davidson then?:Poke:

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

2 things my enfield bullet was definitely not known for.........reliability and good brakes:D

5. SirCrashAlot

Also..... is there a Ducati store that only sells t-shirts and other shit with their logos all over it and nothing but that? No bikes at all. Because there's a Harley store in my town that only sells wearable shit, tags, keychains, bumper stickers, tampons, and everything else with HD on it except for motorcycles. But they sell a lot of what they do sell.

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I’ve owned about 58 bikes in my lifetime (so far) and 11 have been Harleys. Many like to poke fun at them for being slow, sub-par handling, etc. Compared to a modern sport bike, yes, they’re all of the above. But you’d be hard pressed to find a bike that’s more fun and satisfying than a Harley. Plus they hold their value better than any other brand. My 2019 CVO Road Glide is the perfect “hit the road and chill” bike for me. Stone-reliable and it gets you back to the essence of why you ride in the first place. Will be riding mine to work at Duke tomorrow morning.

Scotty87, Sprinky and G 97 like this.
  7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You've just made the point that the H-D brand is superior to all others.

8. SirCrashAlot

I've made the point that image is more important than product of "The Motor Company ". Just my opinion obviously.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, they go hand in hand.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Ok, fine I am going to make it a point to uncover my Ultra and take it for a ride this week, I'll see if I have been missing out on anything.

11. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Sure I do, several in fact. I also own red tshirts that say Ducati on them, an Aprilia tshirt, a fair number of WERA shirts, a t-shirt from every MotoGp & F1 race that I've attended, etc, etc. And that's got nothing to do with the Harley being a good motorcycle for its purpose.

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Where is this shop?

I'll make a point of stopping there the next time I pass by Waynesville.

13. SirCrashAlot

14. SirCrashAlot

I appreciate that but my point is that the HD crowd is more image and brand conscious. Not hating on Harleys... I've ridden a few and they are fantastic for their purposes I also know some wonderful owners.

15. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I've got Harley regret......that I waited until 2009 and didn't get that Road King when it came out in 94.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You don't have to with a Duc, especially if you're my size and neither Ducati or Dainese make anything that comes close to fitting :crackup:

I think the only Ducati gear I own/wear is a Nicky hat.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

I wear my Suzuki racing and AMA racing T-shirts all the time while riding my Harley. The only conforming things I wear is a headband (forehead feels way better) and some black boots. But for sure, there is a certain level of riding costume that most wear, which isn’t a bad thing. For example the last thing you want is the for the girl riding on the back with you to be wearing a flowery, puffy blouse type of shirt. Get her a nice tight fitting Harley shirt and some high heel boots. :D

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some of the HD gear is really good stuff too.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: It’s pricey but n the last ten years or so they’ve really made their stuff more rider oriented while also using the typical athletic workout/running types of materials like cool max and the like. They’ve also reworked a couple lines of their riding jackets to include some body amor inserts etc. Like I stated prior, a lot of the women’s stuff is nice and form fitting and tight. Although, this may not be a good thing for several Harley mamas. Everything has unintended consequences.:D

20. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I don't see that it's a requirement for an H-D rider either, just a choice. The power of the brand is truly shown by the fact that so many people who don't even ride want to wear the apparel. And there's been no mention of all those who choose to tattoo the name on themselves. It would seem that Ducati is trying to "fat shame" with their refusal to "go big". Fortunately for me, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha don't share that notion.