1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 Panigale 1199s ABS in NY $7500

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by opinion914, Jul 14, 2019.

1. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I cut-and-paste this from my Craigslist ad so if it seems a bit elementary, you know why. You know what this bike is if you're here...
    Well sorted 2012 Panigale 1199s. Bike is reliable and always puts a smile on my face. Currently set up as a track weapon and should probably remain as such. Has a rebuilt title and could be put back to street duty but there are better street bikes out there. It's a no compromise setup (ABS removed, Fan removed, passenger equip. removed, lighting removed, sprung for a firm 190lb, etc.) Bike comes with complete original ABS system and fan/shroud setup. Bike has a semi-rare Superstock header system and Sprint filter (and proper tune) that increases power/torque everywhere above 6g. (Dyno graph available). Last season the bike was lowsided but don't fret, I was fine. Bike required minimal attention. Pretty bulletproof actually with relatively low mileage. A throttle tube and rearset later and she was ready to run! Has several days on her since and no issues. Plastics are structurally sound but you won't win that prettiest bike award. She's a track weapon, just don't point it at yourself. It has traction control, quick shifter, onboard suspension settings as well as Rain and Sport settings but Race Setting is what you buy this bike for. Stock front suspension swapped out for Ktech Pro internals and are butter smooth while offering great feel. There's more that I'm forgetting but a fun reliable bike is what you get here.
    Located in Hudson Valley NY.
    Kevin

00x0x_5iRMeBygADH_1200x900.jpg 00L0L_jlYivwfxUbz_1200x900.jpg 00c0c_lSSllyweM3o_1200x900.jpg 00S0S_6OfBYQjJXyq_1200x900.jpg
    Got me one of these with her! 20190714_083156.jpg ...

Newyork likes this.
  2. overtons

overtons Member

Pm sent

3. mileage? my apologies if it was listed.

4. opinion914

My bad, forgot that part. Mileage is 4448. It sat at the dealer for a while before I purchased it and didn't aquire many miles.
    Kevin

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  5. opinion914

Open to streetbike trades, though I'm a particular sonofabitch. Shooting for a Streetfighter 1098s.
    Feel free to call or txt. 845.two three four.388five.
    Kevin

6. opinion914

Red key as well as 2black keys included, as are a few spares here and there.

7. opinion914

Friday bump. Great bike here. This bike has not been abused. I'm mechanically sympathetic to pretty much all of my equipment.

8. opinion914

Priced lowered. $7,000 for this proverbial beast.

BROsiah likes this.
  9. opinion914

This forum moves Fast! Kills me to watch her collect dust. She needs a rider!

10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Damn, if only this was listed in June when I got my Aprilia! Would've snagged this instead! GLWS.

11. mostfrantic

mostfrantic Member

any updates... bump

12. opinion914

She's still available. Someone please help me as I've been staring at it and getting ideas of keeping it and doing a proper streetfighter build with her!

13. opinion914

No longer for sale. Couldnt help myself: Fighter build commencing!

MachineR1, L8RSK8R and Phl218 like this.
  14. Tj Hunter

Tj Hunter Well-Known Member

You making a thread for this build? Im interested!

15. opinion914

I was thinking of throwing something in the Tech section.
    The goal is to keep it an economical build using what I have, which is very little in regards to actual parts but I'm boiling over with ambition, ingenuity and general school-boy charm.
    Speaking of boiling over, I shitcanned the factory radiator overflow reservoir in favor of a less imposing MotionPro 275cc bottle ziptied to the existing radiator hose. Not too tight in case the existing hose expands when hot, but not loose enough to constantly rub and chafe anything.
    Interesting Finding #1... You can flip the upper triple to afford enough forktube available above to mount the clipons ABOVE the triple. Good for a free 1.5" rise. I did have to reconfigulate the brake lines (went from a separate line to each caliper to a single line from the slave w/ the calipers in series. This gained me 2" of slack and that's important as let's face it, this bikes natural state of rest will be balancing on the rear.

I had to put a spacer in the steering damper mount. Currently rocking a 1/2" SAE socket ;)
    Going the China-Bay route for front and rear lighting tasks until I get a sense for how much pride this whip will actually provide as it progresses. I'd love to keep it all "Ducati" but its tough to argue w/ a streetfighter headlamp for 30$ shipped. I don't want this to look like one of those ass-jacked european streetfighters nor do I want it to look like something that you'll find in the back of a crashtruck. Just a clean build (that Ducati should have already done) to keep my mind and hands occupied.

The electronics (and how best to hide them) on this thing will be the largest task. ABS is removed but I'd really like to maintain the Traction Control which requires keeping a healthy portion of the harness. I have a few ideas in the works.
    Day 1.jpg flipped triple.jpg calipers in series.jpg new coolant bottle home.jpg SAE socket as spacer.jpg

16. Eshber

Eshber Well-Known Member

Want to sell the race bodywork?