1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America PIRC. podium predictions?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Oh and for the record I’ve helped out both Draik and Kris this year, not a lot financially but just stating the point I am not in one persons corner or the other.
    Personally I think Kris will reflect a bit and come back even stronger and Draik will figure out a way to get the acme rocket on the bike around corners a bit faster. Rivalry is good for the sport and to be honest I didn’t see any racing that was as bad as people seem to make it out to be. That class has some close racing, literally and always has. That’s just a function of lower hp classes. This class has a bit more diversity as they’ve allowed to have some options on how to skin the cat sort of speak. End of the day though Dumas is the one sitting there laughing. Anyone know what happened to Barney on the last lap? Couldn’t tell if it was mechanical or he just slowed too much.

r6boater likes this.
  2. Having never been a top tier racer I still got burnt out between racing and track day instructing. It stopped being fun, then I found a way to at least be involved and support the sport. Sometimes financially, tech support (there are a couple things I’m actually good at and a lot that I know I am not and only advice I offer is getting them I touch with subject matter experts I trust), pit bitch, or just putting a person in touch with another in hopes for them to secure a seat. I like to think the contribution does at least a bit, even if it’s gas money getting someone to the round they didn’t think they’d be able to make. In this current climate a lot of little things add up quick, always been the case but everyone needs to do what they can to keep it healthy- even if that means taking a 3’ screwdriver to someone who needs it :)

grasshopper and Gino230 like this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Post race he said he slowed too much. Not sure if he was running the soft rear again like race 1, but that tire would tear pretty good after 6-7 laps making the last few laps more exciting for the rider. Draik put in a flyer on that last lap (closed up a ton through the chicane) and got close enough to motor him out of the last corner.

drop, r6boater and turner38 like this.
  4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

My money is on his tire was shagged and he slowed being conservative. Seems like his trap speed was still pretty high the last lap.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  5. Wasn’t sure if it was mechanical, well in this case mechanical grip or he just slowed his pace to settle for 2nd a bit too comfortably. Should’ve watched the interviews. Thanks.

6. turner38

He was on the Soft, that’s why he fussed about not getting a Genny after Blasius crashed and wanted to keep warmers on till the 1 minute horn...

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

He toasted the rear tire, and he didn't realize how close 2nd was.

Also the new motor they put in after the piston broke is a little down on power.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Haha!
    Still going, classic BBS... :clap:

TLR67 likes this.
  9. If you were in the rave your opinion doesn’t count. This thread is for armchair quarterbacks only :)

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

well.. this armchair quarter back (and clearly many others based on replies and "likes" posted in this thread), will be quickly wondering what the over-under is, on how long before excuses start if the 77 is somehow ahead of the #1 and 38 bike at NJMP.
    Personally, i just hope everyone just has a barn burner of a race, and sportsmanship prevails.

11. I thought the. 38 said they weren’t going to Jersey? So the 77 will be ahead of them.

r6boater likes this.
  12. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Hard to beat the value that MA offers vs clubman racing. I got almost 2.5 hrs of track time for $255 last weekend. I’d be lucky to get half that with clubman racing.

Pitmom42, MELK-MAN and RM Racing like this.
  13. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

That made me pretty annoyed that the front half of the grid kept their warmers on past the 3 min board. In the riders meeting they made it a point that warmers had to be off at 3.

Stork and No Brakes like this.
  14. turner38

Morse told us to leave them on after Barney fusses.

15. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Suppose I should take it up with them - doubt much will happen though!

16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

It’s weird. The rule is you have to start taking them off at the 3minute board but they “say” they need to be off at the 3 minute board. Realistically though, between the sighting lap, a few minutes on the warmers, and then a good warm up lap, the tires should be ready to go for all of us. But go a slower on the first lap to be sure mmm kay? ;)

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Im thinking of producing a moving and I'm looking for a director, you interested?

18. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

:Poke: ( stir the shit pot just like turning the steering wheel on a Mack truck... )

Get out of your bitch ass arm chair , ya Bret Farve wanna-be. Grid up and test your riding skills as much as you test your typing/bitching skillz!

Haha! Now that's funny right there!

And for the sake of overlapping, I have already noted that I am killing my image in my signature below

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I’m down, no experience needed right?

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  20. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

It's the same in Supersport.