1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California info..pleez

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Im moving to Pacifica California this week.What are the available track days/racing orgs to look into?
    Do's,Don'ts places to see.My girl is from there and has family there.
    Here brother owns Maier usa,so looking forward to visiting his place in grass valley

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you can always drive south to race with us :D

ToofPic likes this.
  4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Pacifica is nice! Its only an hour or two down to Laguna from there (depending on traffic).

ToofPic likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

track dayz is a good org
    Keigwins

thunderhill isnt too far

ToofPic likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

there are lots of providers in CA, especially if you include SoCal providers which also go to Buttonwillow Raceway.

Keigwins, Z2 Trackdays, Carters At The Track, 2wheeltrackdays, Cali Trackdays, Lets Ride Trackdays. im sure im forgetting some.

TurboBlew and ToofPic like this.
  7. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

Z2 Trackdays, Carters at the Track, Pacific Track Time, and Fun Track Dayz are the main providers up here. They have days at Sonoma, Thunderhill, Laguna Seca (occasionally), and Buttonwillow (occasionally).

TurboBlew and ToofPic like this.
  8. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

AFM Round 5 this weekend at Sonoma Raceway, Friday is a Carter's trackday. If you get a chance you can come by and check out the scene in person.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Grass Valley, and areas east of there, are beautiful.

beac83 and ToofPic like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Norcal sucks and is full of water hoarding smelly hippies who eat algae and shit on the street. Avoid it like its a 25 yo rusty dodge pickup. Also better stock up on summer sweaters cause its effing cold as eff in the summer. Oh and the water there...cold as eff and full of sharknados. The sales tax is somewhere around 10% and empty your effing pockets...plus youll need a license and tax stamp just to fu&*..cause thats how involved the gubmint is in your day to day life.

There are only 2 good things about Cali, In N Out Burger and me. And I moved out 15 years ago.

Have a good time dodging human landmines and drinking your free range soy decaf mocha coffee substitute with no straw.

:D

11. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill will all be relatively nearby. If you come to Laguna Seca make sure you have a quiet exhaust or OEM can. as there is a 92dB limit. Check out https://trackdaytoday.com and just type in your zip and It'll give you all the nearby places.

Local race org is AFM

ToofPic likes this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Is this chick uber hot, and will she be your sugar momma? I hope so, as moving to CA under any other conditions cannot be justified unless insane.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The area around Grass Valley is indeed beautiful.

Lots of tracks, racing and track days.

Lots and lots of good road rides up north of the Peninsula.

Pacifica is pretty damn nice itself, too.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

ToofPic likes this.
  15. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

If motorcycles are your thing, you are moving to the right state.

For trackdays, Z2 is my favorite and they are at Laguna on Oct 25th. Welcome to California and all the hate from others that comes with it.

MachineR1 and ToofPic like this.
  16. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Can I partially hijack this thread instead of creating a new one? Got a job offer in Palmdale starting next summer, but I'm a conservative Midwesterner so living in LA County is a bit intimidating.
    So far my expectations are:
    Get a fuel-efficient car because gas is ridiculous there.
    Will probably live in a pretty sketchy apartment my first couple years, then live on a mountain or hate it so much that I leave.
    Probably won't find three churches on the same block anymore.
    Sounds like the racing there is good, how much racing can one do on entry-level engineer salary while paying the govt. half my paycheck? And still save at the same time? Don't have to pay for any kids/girl/etc., just my cat and a below-avg. amt. of student loans.
    I'm generally better with heat than with the cold. I've been driving all summer with no a/c in the 90's and don't mind it. But having no body fat makes -12*F intolerable.
    What else to consider??

I'm a small town farm kinda guy, but the position I'd be working at is badass enough to cross the country for, and being single and 23 it seems like the perfect time in my life.

MachineR1 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Palmdale is out in the desert by Willow Springs so not as LA as you'd think. Hell, go a little north or out from the 14 a bit and you're in small town farming communities.

Very close to Willow Springs, not all that far from Vegas and Buttonwillow and Auto Club and Chuckwalla for racing, Pahrump added to that for track days.

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Palmdale is rednecks and preppers. Don't try to live in "LA" and drive out there...long haul.
    You can live cheap out there....apple valley, Lancaster, quartz hill, Palmdale itself.

Enjoy the dry heat...

19. TheGrouchyCat

I just discovered Wrightwood which seems like it’d be more my style compared to the desert. Trees/mountains/skiing/etc. and 50min-1hr commute. The houses seem more reasonably priced too. The closer to LA the more ridiculous housing prices get. Plus big pines hwy seems like one badass commute on a motorcycle!

20. TheGrouchyCat

Avoiding LA at all costs haha. Not that I would’t visit now and then, but I can last about 4 hours in Chicago before I get the urge to smack people and I’d imagine it’s similar. Yea I’ve heard just stay west of 14 in Palmdale and you’re good. Same with Lancaster, stay west.