1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorian

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

C8E108AE-EF4A-4974-AF62-518BCF083C50.jpeg Yuck. Now she looks to hit us. Pivot. And stall over us. Fucking yay.

2. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

My house and airplane are directly under the number “4” on the right center of that pic...

3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Kept that in favorites for a few years now for when Mother Nature decides to go bowling.

6. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

There's not a real shortage of water but of containers. A local Jacksonville water company is giving water away this weekend if you bring your own containers.

BTW for those affected by this storm, if you're on a well remember to fill your bathtub(s) in case of power outage so you can flush

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wash the tub and use it as drinking water. Far superior to none.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right.
    We are on a well and were without power for 7 days after Matthew. Used jug water for everything but flushing.
    Nearly emptied the tubs during that week

edit: extra propane is a good idea also

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same here, I find it fascinating sometimes.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

So true.. Omatter and i are on opposite coast this thing is gonna hit, and people at gas stations are already lined up around the block.
    bonus points for perfect insertion of Ghost Busters Bill Murray quote.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pre-Irma I froze several 1 ziplock gallon bags of water. Never ran out of a ice that way. Would have also had that to drink if needed.

13. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Wife and I decided to take the rig to Camp Gulf in Miramar Beach and spend a week before heading to Barber.... I rolled in yesterday and she’s flying in today (she had to go to Green Bay for a Packers game with her dad - so the dogs and I drove the rig and she flys in like a rock star).... anyway, business as usual here... lots of rigs still rolling into the campground. This far in the panhandle I think we’ll be ok..... but who knows?

t

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure you'll get popped for carrying that much gasoline.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Latest thing I've seen looks like it's following Michael's path. Still too early to tell for sure.

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"Absolutely CheeZee in Ormond Beach will be giving free meals to our community begins 11am Saturday.
    We will loose power and all of our inventory in the storm. So reaching out to help community.
    No to go, no take out orders 1064 Ocean Shore Blvd, Ormond Beach, FL 32176 Donations accepted."

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

latest projected path as of 5pm or so...the east coasters better batten down the hatches.

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and Quicktoy like this.
  18. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Michael? or Matthew in 2016? Reminds me of Matthew that skimmed the coast

19. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

That things got three more days to drunk stagger any direction it pleases before landfall. Hoping it's kinder to us than some of those big ones we had the last couple years.

MELK-MAN, Sabre699 and omatter34 like this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

NOBODY in this state near or on the penninsula should take this mofo lightly.

MELK-MAN likes this.