1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gnf question

Discussion in 'General' started by sportracer07, Aug 27, 2019.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey guys im fairly new to Wera, quick dumb question, but is the Gnf invitation only? How does that work, do they actually mail you an invitation, or can anyone just show up and race??

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Invite.Have you raced this season?

3. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Yes sir first season

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Lol at invite. Bs. Show up, flash money, race! They aren't going to turn anyone away.

TLR67 and Metalhead like this.
  5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

If you have raced this season, you can race those same classes at the gnf. Used to be invitation only but that change long ago.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually yes we will and we do every year.

General GNF info -

It is invitation only but the invites are less formal than in years past - kept winding up with races too close to the GNF screwing up the mailings. The requirements are also less than they used to be, a simple reaction to the number of racers these days.

If you have raced a Sportsman Series class this year you will be able to race that class at the GNF.

The GNF is also the final points round for the National CHallenge and National Vintage Series - you do not have to have run a class prior to enter it at the GNF.

Then there is the AMA Road Race Grand Championships - no prior race requirement and open to non WERA license holders - but you do need a current license with someone.

And just because I'm pretty sure Evelyne and Rob Cichielo hate me - I have to fit a 4 hour endurance race in this year. Without adding a day to the schedule.

Shenanigans, E Reed and ToofPic like this.
  7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

When's that schedule due to come out? =)

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably after Road Atlanta. Leave for Nelson tomorrow, back monday evening, Road Atlanta Friday makes for a short week so I'll get it fleshed out then and work/think on it over the weekend at the track, then publish something that won't work for everyone and get emails bitching at me :D

9. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Ha! Sounds good to me. Good luck!

See ya at RA.