1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whose the most impressive person you've ever met?

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Jul 2, 2019.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Joey Mullen. When I was 14 I was playing in a hockey tournament in Pittsburgh that he was attending. The Pens had won the Stanley cup the previous season so him and 2 others being there was a big deal to a lot of the kids. He sat down next to my father during our second game and they where talking throughout our whole game. When i walked over and realized who he had been talking to I couldn't believe it. As I walked over my dad is like this is Joe, he's here to help some kids in the tournament. I just laughed and went, dad you have no idea who Joey is do you, he looked at me with this super confused look on his face. I was like that's Joey Mullen dad, from the Pens. He just laughed and went oh, I had no idea.
    We sat their for a little bit discussing things I could do a little better and ways to open the ice up for the team. It was pretty surreal to me. He had left to go wherever, As I was walking out of the locker room he was standing there at the ice. He said hello and would like to talk to the team before we played our next game. My coach having no idea what was going on was like sure. So we all walked back in the locker room and listened to Joey Mullen talk to the team. He watched the whole game from beside the benches and kept giving us pointers.
    We ended up 2nd in that tournament, our highest ever for our travel team. I still think about that today, 26 years later. It left an amazing impression on me.

YamahaRick, MachineR1 and Yzasserina like this.
  2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I got to meet this old guy on the right. I hear he was a pretty good motorcycle rider at one time.

95F37F9E-1EE9-486C-9102-9146740A9FC8.jpeg

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Captain Haynes passed away over the weekend. RIP.

dantheman likes this.
  4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Nice titties on the girl in the back, just sayin...

Manxboy likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

:Poke:

6. tigerblade

tigerblade Mostly Titanium

He was THE MAN when I was growing up reading DirtWheels.

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Met him at the ATV Nationals at Birch Creek in Danville, Va.

My racing friend dragged me over to his pit area. Gary Denton signed my shirt.

I never said a word. I was just in shock that I was standing in front of Gary Denton.

tigerblade likes this.
  8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I ran into a guy from a band i like while we crossed paths in the airport.

Stopped to tell him i didn’t want to make him late, but i’m A big fan and wanted to tell him so.

He asked if i wanted a picture. I said, “you don’t think your friends will believe you met a fan?” Smiled, and told him to have a safe flight.

I’m not sure Scott is that “impressive,” but i like to think that he remembers me for declining the photo and just shaking his hand

L8RSK8R likes this.
  9. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

John Surtees.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

A few years ago, when La La Land was up at the Oscars, Kimmel was hosting and appeared to genuinely surprise the celebrity audience by bringing in random tourists into the theater. You could tell some of the celebrities were taken aback by this and didn't really know how to react.

Gosling was the first to stand up and greet the tourists like an adult. Dude just seems like a class act and like a pretty normal guy. Denzel was pretty chill too.

https://hellogiggles.com/celebrity/oscar-meme-of-the-night-whispering-ryan-gosling/

11. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

Dan Gurney. He used to ride our local mountain road very frequently. Miss him. Good dude.

tigerblade likes this.
  12. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

ive never met his man, im way too young. and to be honest if i did meet him i dont think i could hold court. but i would love to sit in on a speech or some sort of engagement. Gene Kranz, I think the flight director of the Apollo 13 mission. "Failure is not an option". Take a listen at the 35 min mark, although the whole podcast is great, Neil Armstrong, etc. The following couple minute commentary about him is also funny.

https://www.startalkradio.net/show/first-man-celebrating-neil-armstrong/

this thread has inspired me to buy his book, failure is not an option. excited to read/hear it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  13. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Pride & Joy, ducnut and Yzasserina like this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't get to meet anybody but my wife meets them all. Here she is getting a selfie with Shaq at the office, who she said is one of the nicest and funniest people she's ever met. Next up for her...Alex Ovechkin.

[​IMG]

Yzasserina and Sabre699 like this.