1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Street View

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is this thing not amazing? They've driven those little cars virtually EVERYWHERE. I can drop my little man in on almost any major road in the world and see a fairly recent 360 degree view. Wow!

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Wait until you hear that we put a man on the moon...:D
    Are you stalking someone?

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

between the street view and the 3d view they have, plus the satellite view, i have been able to do some estimates for work based on the plans and google and not even attend job walks. i love it haha.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I used to have to drive halfway across the state on a regular basis to check various sites. Now, with a few clicks of the mouse, I can see almost everything I need.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No. I use it all the time for work, but I was looking at the Mexico/Guatemala border based on a post in the dungeon and thought I'd check - sure enough, it dropped me right in the middle of some street market in a tiny village in Guatemala on a sunny day three years ago.

ts199 likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

As can anyone.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Is there a way to tell when the image/view you are looking at was taken? *edit* nevermind I see it now.

Also, is there a way to turn off the 3D view? I actually prefer the standard photo view for aerial shots, as I think it provides more fidelity.....

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I use GMaps along with local GIS info for a lot of information related to cost estimates.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Google earf app on the phone is pretty cool too. You can just fly right into what ever address you want and see the 3d aerial view.

drop likes this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Git off ma' lawn!

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I used to use “findlotsize.com” for estimates, without going there. Google Earth was good for seeing if I even wanted to waste my time, first. Haha.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Google Earth Pro is awesome. I use it to look at lakes. You can adjust time of day to see shade lines and year. Cool stuff.

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Better than that....find yourself driving on the interstate with it. A couple years back, we me and my lady was coming back from cmp, and seen the Google car. Ofcourse we caught up to it. So at that time I wrote down where we were, date and time. About 6 months later we had forgot about it. Something reminded and and we went and found our paper where it wrote it down. Low and behold, there we were. I took screenshots of it. Kinda cool.

Phl218, K51000 and YamahaRick like this.
  15. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Ever seen one drive around? I seen one a few years back when they went through. Must be a boring ass job though.

16. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If you like a 2016 satellite picture and no street view then I'm good here.

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

4998 on today's. 698 meters.

19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Think about the poor guys that got stuck with Iowa

take offense @G 97 :D

G 97 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:

No offense taken, Iowa is Iowa. Beans on the left, corn on the right. Oh, and the land of pigs. :D

BHP41 likes this.