1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America PIRC. podium predictions?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I think you and Kris like having the excuse of “Draik has a cheater bike” to blame your lack of success on. I’m going to be honest, you guys are very lucky Draik is as level headed as he is. There are many other riders that would have either punted Kris off track or been paying him a visit in the pits afterwards. Kris was not just overly aggressive. He rode downright stupid at times.

The sad part is many of us were pulling for all 3 of you guys and I’m pretty sure you were all friends not that long ago. I’ve known Draik and his family since he was about 10 years old. We used to race together. I’ve considered he and his family friends for quite a few years now. I’ve known Parrish even longer. He was teammates with one of my closest friends in endurance racing. I’ve spent countless Halloween’s at his house parties, gone bar hopping, and done plenty of other fun shit with him over the years. He’s the primary reason I attended two pro races last year after having not been to one in over 10 years and I was there rocking the 128 T-shirt all weekend both times. And while I may not know you guys personally, I remember enjoying watching Kris race in wera some years ago. He was fun to watch ride and another Tennessee boy, like me. So naturally the 38 bike is who I wanted to see round out to podium along with 77 and 1/128. And you guys have now polarized guys like me. And I’m guessing there’s quite a few of us considering all 3 of you are not just from the same region but also the same state. You’re bound to share a lot of fans.

It’s time to put up or shut up. And by shut up I mean pack your shit and go home permanently. While I don’t agree with some of the things Parrish has publicly said, he at least isn’t riding stupid. At this point, Kris has crashed multiple times and damn near taken other riders out multiple times doing shit that was just unnecessary. And despite all your teams barrage of insults and public bashing and riding that even the commentator described as downright ridiculous, Draik has still been nothing but a professional, hasn’t said a single negative thing, and hasn’t retaliated with aggressive on track moves even once despite multiple provocations to do so.

I’d also like to remind everyone for those that have either forgotten or didn’t know, Draik spent all last season on one of the slowest pieces of shit on the grid in his class. He never complained a single time, never blamed the competition or his own team, he just rode his ass off, took his beatings, and spent his offseason making damn sure that didn’t happen this year.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

he will be back, on that flyin purple sv eater. Rest assured.

Pitmom42, r6boater, drop and 2 others like this.
  3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Oh dear, what's happened in here? Lol.

WANABE RACER and MELK-MAN like this.
  4. MELK-MAN

apparently, a memo went out that if you bitch enough about your competitors and the bike they ride, your bike gets faster ..

5. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

But, but..it's not though.

Rising Sun, noles19, drop and 3 others like this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Very well said. There are a few other details being left out that isnt my place to say. But theres more that has been said and gone around that people dont know.

Congrats to the 77 team. They stay focused and keep there head down and dont publicly get on forum and bash any team that I have seen.

Rising Sun, alan, drop and 2 others like this.
  7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Shit like this is one of the reasons my kid doesn't race bikes anymore. If you are not having fun, go home. There are no factory rides or tickets to Europe at the end of this road.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

but shinier wooden plaques.

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah, don’t give a fuck what you think. I’m a pretty damned straight forward guy and will say what I mean without pulling punches.
    We all see things differently who has Kris EVER taken out? As far as crashing Multiple times, he has had three this year and none from riding recklessly or over aggressively. One at Road Atlanta when the bike jumped out of gear, one at Utah when he unloaded a front tire that was still a little green and one at Pittsburg where he was a caught out when Draik parked it in the corner making the 24 bike check up. All of those can be filed under shit happens.

The incident with the wheelie and him and Draik colliding was as much on Draik as anyone, he ran wide and was cutting back across the track, Kris wheelies because he held the bike tight to avoid Draik not to take him out.

It’s funny you hear MANY different people talking about how they think the bike is wrong at the track.... I’m the type that will say it here the same as a I would anywhere else.

All the haters can kiss my hairy white ass. I’ve spent well over 30k of MY own money to put a bike on the grid this year. If I have reason to believe someone is wrong I ain’t gonna hold back my opinion because of how nice people think they are.

Kris87 likes this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hi Danny. I really admire your passion and your "put your money where your mouth is" attitude. I have a question for you. How old is your son?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

So you’re spending $30k to get beat by someone you think is cheating, and that can be put to bed for $750?

:whoosh:

If all those people in the paddock think so too, then go in on a protest. $100 a pop.

The fact that the Yamaha hasn’t slowed down, despite the attempted public shaming tells me they probably aren’t worried about it.

I’m sure Wayne and gang are super impressed, especially with the complaining on their FB page, on top of the other antics.

Meanwhile, Dumas is about to run away with this thing...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  12. redtailracing

1. Pittsburgh was absolutely Kris’s fault. I don’t care if Draik did a fucking headstand midcorner. Kris was following. It’s his responsibility to leave himself room. Blasius didn’t crash (although he very well could have given the contact kris initiated).

2. I can count 4 instances off the top of my head just from the past two rounds where the only reason he didn’t take someone out was because the other rider was good enough to stay upright despite Kris’s riding. Sonoma, last corner. And then at Pitt, running into the back of blasius, the wheelie incident on the front straight, and then one of the times kris passed Draik on the brakes then moved over in front of him (Marquez style) and clipped his front wheel. Guessing you guys didn’t even realize that last one happened. Watch the race coverage. They show it clear as day and Draik rode very heads up to keep it on the track during hay one.

3. Sorry I call bullshit on the wheelie incident. Draik was basically on the same line many other riders across all classes had been taking all weekend. And he wasn’t out of control. Kris had his wheel in the sky and no control over his machine at that point.

4. I don’t blame the people at the track thinking it’s a cheater bike. I would too if I didn’t know the Beauchamp’s personally and know that their character is way above that. But you’re telling me you’ve spent over $30k this year but won’t spend a few hundred to out the rider you claim is fucking up your riders chances at being on the podium? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You’re full of shit and you know it. Like I said before, you need the excuse of Draik having a cheater bike to blame your lack of results on and if a protest shows he’s legal, you lose your excuse.

I may be a nobody. Just a fan of the sport. But look at this board. It is filled with hardcore racers with tons of knowledge and insight. And out of everyone in this thread, Kris wall is the only one to say he kind of sees your point. And even then I haven’t seen him blame Draik for anything, only that he understands your frustrations with trying to beat a rocket ship. Maybe you should take a step back and evaluate yourself and your efforts. All you’re doing right now is alienating your fans (including me) and providing horrible representation for your sponsors. Maybe you should take a page out of Draiks book and learn some goddamned professionalism. It’ll get you much farther. But as long you keep playing the blame game, you’re never going to get anywhere and neither is Kris. Which is fucking sad considering how talented he is.

13. redtailracing

Exactly. Talk about a shit way to represent an otherwise really awesome class.

Rising Sun likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not seeing a lack of parity - I'm seeing bikes that do the job differently. I've seen bikes with more power win over bikes with less just because of how they make that power and put it to the ground. I've seen the reverse happen. Different bikes do better at different tracks for the same reasons. Hell, it happens in MotoGP and they tear stuff down all the time.

Rising Sun and r6boater like this.
  15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Every time Mr. $30k "tells it like it is" just come back to this statement.

16. MELK-MAN

PUT UP OR SHUT UP ! .. Know what "my money's on" ? You deep down know the bike is legal, and if you DID protest, you would be out of excuses.

and as someone posted earlier, i can count more than a few occasions where Kris was writing talent checks, his talent level couldn't cash. Like Sonoma last corner on track.. wtf was he thinking there? Wheelie over the hill making contact.. all times he was BEHIND the other rider. I am starting to think whatever money RidersLaw put forth, is wishing they put it behind someone that is more sportsmanlike, and didn't have a soccer dad making excuse after excuse..

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Are we forgetting that Draik and Barney both had their “cheater” bikes torn down at Road America and were found to be legal? Yes, the bottom end is still a possibility, I’ll grant you that, but the Yamaha is 40 to as much as 60 lb lighter, and it’s no secret that it has more HP potential. Kris has stated multiple times that he doesn’t have the biggest and best build, so why be surprised at the speed difference?

Without getting into the personalities and just looking at the racing, what I see is two very talented riders (Parrish and Turner) who can carry incredible corner speed that nearly makes up the deficit to a superior bike. I understand those frustrations, BUT, with 2 laps to go, when Draik outbraked himself into T1, Parrish got through cleanly. Kris and Draik made contact, BUT none the less, Parrish and Turner were out front that whole lap, unmolested by the evil Yamaha, and failed to break away by more than a few bike lengths. To me that negates the argument that they were held up every corner.

Y’all should be glad Barney isn’t on a Yamaha, this would be all over. Just my 2cents.

r6boater, badmoon692008, drop and 3 others like this.
  18. That was kind of my point. Draik rides his bike point and shoot, that being said he does need to work on his mid corner speed and I’m sure he knows that. Knowing draik is going to be slower mid corner riders behind (and in front) need to plan accordingly. Leave room and get a run because if a rider with more power parks it at the apex and can squirt out way faster, you are in trouble on a bike that carries more cornerspeed. Not rocket science but also execution is easier said than done. If I was on a bike with way more power and knew I could just gas it and go why would I risk riding on the edge through a corner when I don’t need to?

Pitdad42 and r6boater like this.
  19. redtailracing

Gonna be honest, I’m not sure that I think Barney would be much, if any, faster on a Yamaha. The duc has looked a good bit faster than the Suzuki’s as well. Just not by as much. And considering the number of rocket ship Yamahas on that grid and Draik is the only one consistently in the top 5, I kind of think that thing is just a fuckin turd through the corners. Granted there are some fast dudes on Suzuki’s but madama and James seem to be pretty good riders in their own right and still can’t hang onto the front for long.

Edit: I also wanted to add that them having their bikes torn down earlier in the season is a convenient truth to forget. And I suppose they could have rebuilt them into cheater bikes since then :rolleyes:

r6boater likes this.
  20. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Well, I watched the Twins races on AMAliveTV, and,

1) As a motorcycle racing fan, I saw some serious bone-headed, unprofessional riding and on-track behavior.
    2) As a fellow WERA racer, I thought to myself, damn, there'd have to be some 3' screwdrivers coming out after the race if one of those boneheads did that to me in a race.

Kinda embarrassed at some of the childish behavior (during the race, and now on this forum).

Richard

Rising Sun, 23103a, r6boater and 5 others like this.