1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMB TranX 260 DP?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Hardluck700, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Hardluck700

Hardluck700 Well-Known Member

I picked up this transponder with a bike I bought. It’s the AMB 260 direct power.

I just have the transponder. I’m not sure if I need the transponder code or a subscription.

Would a buyer need a code and are these older models always non-subscription?

What can you tell me more about this? I would like to sell it but want to make sure it’s what I say it is. Powers up fine.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

That looks like a non-subscription model. You can have the unit registered to you on the mylaps website for $50 (IIRC), or you can just use it at the track and make sure that registration has the number assigned to your entry.

Probably worth ~$300 or more to the right buyer, or you can hold onto it for when you start racing... :)

3. Hardluck700

Hardluck700 Well-Known Member

I’m not fast enough and a little too old to start my race career. I do have much license though.
    These transponders appear to be a hot item. I was shocked to see what people are bidding on them on that popular online auction site. Crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk