1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midweek fun: what are your favorite pew pews?

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Aug 21, 2019.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The shop/range owner has one. He offered it to me on the range, but, I declined. I’m not man enough for that thing.

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Are you a girl? Otherwise you'll be fine. I've shot the x frame in both short barrel .500 and the long barrel .500. They were both easy peasy, I was really suprised how easy they were after everyone talking them up. I've had .357's kick harder. That short barrels concussion is a strait up punch in the nose though, so much fun.

ducnut likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Well, it was too BIG for my purse. :crackup:

In all seriousness, I’ve had surgeries on both wrists and both need further procedures, for tendon issues, at the minimum. Gripping, especially with jolts/shocks, is brutal. And, I’m feeling bones grinding on the tops of both. Firing smaller handguns is plenty.

bored&stroked likes this.
  4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The X frame grip is great at reducing felt recoil, the weight of it helps. Still as someone that has broken one wrist 3 times and the other twice I’ll confess to alway using good shooting gloves and I’ve added shooting wrist wraps to the bag.

That said the first time I fired it I found myself saying it was not nearly as severe as anticipated. The sound and concussion are something few are prepared for, ear plugs and muffs in tandem are definitely recommended.

ducnut likes this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Surprised to see a lack of 1911s on here given the huge following they have from the purists. Frankly I’ve never understood it. I like em just fine but still find some of those damned plastic striker fires more enjoyable. Never have been able to be super accurate with a 1911 and have never understood how their triggers are apparently so much better. Again I’ve felt a few striker triggers to be just as good. I get there’s a reason they’re the basis for most race guns. But just doesn’t work for me.

Jedb likes this.
  6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Shot about 15 rounds out of an HK m320 at an old t-72. That was great fun

Full autos- Thompson, UMP45, 240 were all fun
    M1 Garand is another favorite- it just blows away everything it hits
    My damn browning a Bolt 7mm-08 that I'll never be able to get rid of. My last shot with it got two hogs in one.

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

BREN. Just shot it at Vegas. For a full auto shooting 30cal, it’s....incredibly easy to control.

Sten gun...open bolt ww2 sub machine gun. No recoil. It just kinda bounces in your hands. Slow cyclic rate makes it easy to control. Same thing with the mp5.

blkduc likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

M1 Garand. I really need to buy my own. My grandfather gave both my brother and I money to buy one from CMP before he passed but I never could find one in the right condition/price.

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I like my 2011 .40. 17 rounds makes it more funner than a standard 1911. I was more accurate with my Glock 34 though.