1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midweek fun: what are your favorite pew pews?

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Aug 21, 2019.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Gonna be honest mine is pure nostalgia. Seeing it as a kid in Jurassic Park, it was the first gun that ever made me “that’s fucking awesome!!!”

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I've shot tons of cool stuff but noteable faves just because they were fun include -

-Desert Tech SRS
    -Coonan .357 1911
    -silenced Uzi
    -my homebuilt .300 BO pistol - so dang versatile as a weapon and so much fun to shoot
    -HK MP7 full auto - actually my son shot it while doing arctic training in Norway, said the giggle factor was off the charts. This is an extremely rare opportunity to shoot one of these. I get to live vicariously through him sometimes :D

lizard84 likes this.
  3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Favorite pew pews would have to be grouped.
    1- Big uns. 16"/45cal with 2700lbs super heavy shells.
    2- Funs guns: s&w .500 magnum, or anything .50BMG
    3- pistol: FNP45
    4- rifle: FAL
    5-Shotgun: saiga 12
    6- machine gun: M2. Duh.

4. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Don’t say that to the SAW’s big brother, the M240.

5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

MK 19
    M4
    1911/2011
    MP5 SD
    MP7
    AK variants
    50 BMG
    My larue 260
    Uzi
    IWI galil

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

STI Edge .40. Love the double stack 1911.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's 8 feet long, kicks like a mule with a carrot jammed up it's ass and needs to be talked sweetly to and caressed but gawd damn, it's one of the greatest rifles ever created.

If the AK is a $40 meth whore and a night at the trailer park, the FN is hookers and blow in Vegas.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, I'd love to shoot a M1 Garand and a BAR...perhaps a thompson too. Just for the nostalgic pupose. The WWII guys had all the cool shit. :eek:

ducnut likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I really like my Walther PPQ M2 5”. My local shop/range has tons of stuff to rent and range users frequently swap around firearms, so I’ve fired a quite few different offerings. I always feel like my PPQ is so much better than everything else and always garners compliments on operation and feel, from others.

I like cool shit, so my UTAS XTR-12 and UTS-15 are right up there and always grab attention at the range. Both are great for home defense, depending on perp location. But, the 15 IS hard on the shoulder.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The local shop/range have an M1 and Thompson for rent.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Is the Tommy gun full auto? Holly cow, that would be fantastic!

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I crank the gas regulator to volume 10 and send it. I have an 18" para barrel ready to go on so its only 7' 9" long hahahaha

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not sure; I haven’t asked. I just saw it on the wall, with a drum plugged into it.

They had one for sale, with drum, tripod, and other accessories, a few months back. They regularly buy collections, LEO confiscations, etc, so always a lot of stuff moving through there. If you’re into collecting, they always post new stuff on FB.
    https://www.facebook.com/LockedLoadedLTD2014/

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

L1Al - Australian/Canadian FAL variant
    HK-94 - Almost no recoil
    Any of the ARs I've built, because I built them.
    S&W 1006 and 1066.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Grandpa's pump Winchester 22 is still the finest rifle I've ever shot and dad's Browning Hi Power is the purest shooter of them all. Everything I've bought since then pales in the light of these two. They'll never leave our family.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm sure a couple of you have had a chance to put ammo through one but if you haven't, find a way: HK MP5.

I like the A2 but the A3 is damn near as great.

Don't own one, never will but it's worth the time to find a way to shoot one.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

After seeing the 16 inchers on BB61 do a full broadside, everything else kinda pales.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

1911 - 45ACP
    Ruger Blackhawk 45 LC
    Ruger Hawkeye 375 Ruger
    Custom Mauser short action 98 350 Remington Mag (I miss that gun)
    Nylon 66

19. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Colt Delta Elite Gold Cup - a badass one hole machine.

Jed likes this.
  20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

1. 460 S&W Magnum in a S&W X frame A hoot to shoot, a shock and awe show at any range I've taken it t00, always draws a crowd, the concussion bubble around it is impressive, more so at an indoor facility.
    2. 300 Blackout AR pistol, fun with a capital F.
    3. 6.5 PRC Masterpiece Arms precision rifle, this is brand new but its so easy to shoot well which doesn't hurt the fun factor.
    4, 10mm Glock 20, red dot, 6 inch barrel, its getting less love lately but its a great shooter.
    5. Encore single shot platform, currently three guns in one, 460 S&W Mag barrel, .45 muzzleloader, 6.5 PRC match grade machine barrel. (this barrel is for sale, $450 with rail and witt machine muzzle brake)