1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midweek fun: what are your favorite pew pews?

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Aug 21, 2019.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Buddy and I were having a conversation and it got me thinking. Lots of gun nuts on here. What are your favorites? Only condition I’ll put on it is you have to have shot it to put it on your list. Not necessarily own, but at least shot one. Backstories on why are fun to read if you’re up for typing it out. I’ll start out with my top 5.

5. Mossberg 500 - first fun I ever shot with some serious kick. I think I was roughly 10 years old. About knocked me on my ass but made my 10 year old self feel like such a man. Kind of sentimental because of that
    4. H&K VP9 - nothing special but for whatever seems to be the perfect pistol for me. Nothing has ever been quite as good of a fit as this.
    3. Marlin 60 - perfect plinking .22. The 10/22 makes me think too much. Too many options on how to build it and all that. So what if the marlin only shoots cci mini mags reliably. It’s simple and fun. Iron sights only for the win.
    2. Mauser K98 - because fuck your mosin nagant. Truly the most organic shooting experience I’ve ever had.
    1. FN Scar 17S - pure badass/giggle factor. Nuff said.

Honorable mentions - colt single action in .45 LC, Daniel Defense Mk.18, H&K MP5

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ruger KGP100...SS 357 6" barrel. Nothing exceptional but the thing just feels right. That and my Grand Father's 1908 Remington pump action 22 with octagon barrel and 4x scope. Again, a bit on the heavy side but accurate out past 100 yards. Most unusual was Colin's 50 cal Barret.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ruger 1022 is still my absolute favorite.

Honorable mention to the 50cal muzzle loader tho, smoke and fire is always fun :D

kangasj and rk97 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't shoot much anymore but the last two that stuck in my head were a Norinco M305 and a M1A Scout.

Even though it's heresy I would buy an M305.

Far from my favorites, those tend to be the M1911A1 and whatever it was I shot last.

5. redtailracing

10/22 is an awesome rifle. I just found I spent more time surfing the web for all the goodies, trying to figure out how to set it up perfectly, what kind of optic to use, blah blah blah. I’ve never done any of that with the marlin. I just go shoot the damn thing and have a blast doing it.

6. #1StreetRacer

#1StreetRacer Active Member

Franchi SPAS-12 with the wrap around stock. One arm, 9 rounds faster than you can pull the trigger.

“I’ll be back”

7. redtailracing

Not gonna lie, this is on my short list of guns to own. Never had a chance to fire one though

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Way way way over rated. Neat to own (I guess), okay to fire if you're a masochist but neaterest to sell to some complete sucker who has to have one and will pay you what you are asking even though it ridiculous. :D

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ma Duece - AKA Browing M2 .50 cal
    The Pig - AKA M60 machine gun
    90 mike mike - AKA M67 recoilless rifle
    M203 grenade launcher
    Mk 19 grenade launcher

Why be subtle when you can be loud...

Edit to add- Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range....:D

rd400racer, ducnut and Steeltoe like this.
  10. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Mossberg 44US. Grand father bought it from the Ft Thomas armory and it has served the family well. accurate out past 70 yards (all the longer we have to play with at home) with cheap 22l and vermeer sights.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle
    1911 Colt Officer
    Springfield Armory M1A Tanker
    M1 Carbine .30
    M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW)

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that favorite does not mean best. Especially with the parameters outlined regarding having shot it.

10/22, or hi point 995. Cheap to buy. Cheap to shoot. Possible edge to the 995, because it’s a “real” caliber, although obviously not a rifle caliber.

I just really enjoy not having to count rounds and add up costs in my head. I like ARs as well, but i always have the round cost in the back of my mind.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

M60>>>>>m249

M249 = girls version of machine gun.

:D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can't you guys just do one giant gun thread and keep it going? :crackup:

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I'm good with that there Rambo...

:D

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’ve got a Franchi LAW-12 ... yep ! It’s a blast

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Trying to win another congressional medal of why in the f@ck would you do that, audie murphy? :D

I've had the opportunity to shoot a few of those and not one has worked 100%. Clapped out like every SV650 in MA, bad ammo, bad magazines. Just never worked like they should. Mini14 does what the M1 carbine supposed to and works 100% of the time.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hush up Frenchie! :p

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I like flatslides too...:D

ChemGuy likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When you start going on about how great Triumph Spitfires are once you get the wiring harness right, Gramps, I've driving over and punching you in the rooster until you admit you're senile. :D