1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I'm here till Thursday for a conference. Hit up downtown last night, very cool. Dodging white girl wasted bachelorette parties actually gets old after a while, lol.

Are there any ‘must do/see’ things before I leave?

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ample amounts of hookers & blow in the red light district. You can't go wrong :Poke:

Mot Okstef likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Taylor Swift?

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

You're in luck! We have a live performance of I-440 Construction going on right now and you can still get front row seats. In fact there are several venues where similar entertainment can be found all over town, nearly everywhere you go. Don't miss out.

AC1108 and E Reed like this.
  5. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Depends on what you're in to. History? Food? Music?

6. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Hattie B's famous Hot Chicken. I met with some friends there and we all had plates of hot chicken and 32oz High Life bottles. Delicious time. Followed it with cruising the Music Row checking out everything from bluegrass to country rock.

If you want to avoid the penis straw patrol stay out of any bar that would play garbage from Luke Bryan.

If you're staying downtown, use the golf carts and pedal taxis. They know some good spots and can cater to what you're in the mood for.

7. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

My buddy is the chef/owner at a couple places you need to eat at. Go to his new joint Red Headed Stranger and also Butcher & Bee.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've been driving through Nashville for over 30 years...there's always highway construction going on!

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I've been saying about Louisville, for 40 years!

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I've said it about Cincinnati for about 45 :D

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Get a ticket to "anything" that's playing at Ryman Hall.

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Scotty87

Food/music.

Are at Jacks BBQ last night, pretty good. I’m sure we’ll end up back in the 2nd/Broadway area again tonight. Last night was full of like Bryant: dierks Bentley pop country shit. GF likes it, I hate it. I’d like to find a proper honky tonk/ old school type joint.

13. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Fiddle and Steel is a really good one to check out. Tootsies and the Stage are always too crowded to be able to enjoy anything. There's a new Johnny Cash place down there, but I'm not sure if it's open for business yet. Broadway Brewhouse is a good place to eat and enjoy some music.

14. Scotty87

Checked out the Johnny Cash place last night as well, was decent. Seems like all the bars are playing 90’s pop covers and boy band shit because they keep taking audience suggestions. I’d like to find a place with a band playing their own, original shit.

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

BB Kings place is a good getaway from all the pop country crap on the row.
    If you want some good BBQ find Martins ( great brisket & pork) or Peg Leg Porker ( best ribs in town).
    Monels or Arnolds for some killer southern meat n 3.
    For high end food try the Southern, or old school Jimmy Kelly's.
    If you like Sushi, try Samurai Sushi across from the world famous Exit/In (maybe some good music there)

16. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

Live Oak on Demonbreun street always have song writers playing. I always enjoy going in there and hearing the current songs being sung by those who wrote them.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Is the Bluebird Cafe still open?

18. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Lots of breweries

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Crashville.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member