1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Anybody know anything about Mercedes 300d's? I keep seeing them pop up on FB marketplace for cheap, and I can't help but think they will start going up in value soon.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll never understand the stare at it and rub on it crowd. I bought mine to drive because I've only ever really had one thing that can be rubbed any time I want that makes me happy. :D

Past Glory likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know, nothing about them is all that special to me about them. Slow, not great looking and relatively common. I doubt they'd ever be more than a cult car and they will never be the "next" 2002.

4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Slow but run forever, seemingly. Just seems like a cheap cruiser with a cool look. For $2500 I'll probably pick one up once I get a new shop.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh, for a $2500 bomber, get a wagon! Problem is of course if any of the chrome is f@cked up. Ain't noooooo way to get all that bumper straightened and rechromed, not enough chrome even in all the JPcycles catalog to do that. :D

Run forever but that's about the 0 to 60 time with one: forever. :D

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Wasn't there a thread about them here a while ago. There's a following because they run on discarded vegetable oil that I recall.

7. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I was lucky enough to own a Porsche for a little while. It is nice to rip around in something that handles like a dream. newtoy.jpg

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think Hippy Joe looked into all that hippy dippy save the earth, runs on fryer grease stuff. But Hippy Joe is dead, Corporate Joe most likely drives a giant SUV that runs on whale oil and condor eggs. :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Slow? That's an insult to slow cars. Seriously. If you buy one and can produce video of you getting to 60 in under 16 seconds, I will order you a case of your favorite fancy beer. :D

Dragginass likes this.
  10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Tamiya can fill that order, for a lot less money.

11. Br1anbuck

Br1anbuck Well-Known Member

Looking at those brake rotors, I don't think you drove it much. Just saying...

12. Venom51

Someone that cared would have rolled it down the street to knock the water off the rotors and get them hot so they wouldn't rust when he parked it. :D

Br1anbuck likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I had the unfortunate opportunity to go into a home where the ex-husband previously had one of those filtering operations set up in the garage. We spent two full days preparing the floor and walls for coating and prime/paint, to cover the mess he left behind. No amount of acid, hot water, Dawn, Tide, Purple Power could rid the concrete of oil. Miraculously, the floor coating sealed the concrete. For sure, we thought the continuously surfacing oil would taint the coating enough, before it cured, to cause issues. We used an oil-based, stain block on the walls, to seal that in. What a F’ing mess!

Phl218 likes this.
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Get a brand-new 718 GT4 and cut that price in half.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  16. Venom51

Yep...

Insert obligatory "But it's not a 911?" whiney bitch moment here. :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Subaru-powered Boxster. :rolleyes:

18. Venom51

He said GT4...pay attention.