1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndyCar

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea I think so too. I like the minimalist wings, they ran those yesterday. The cockpit mounted device they currently run to shed away debris from the driver worked yesterday. Hinch's car was hit with a chunk of carbon fiber and that device threw the debris over the car.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I will predict......they won't be at Pocono next year.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

They haven't renewed the contract with Pocono for 2020...that may change. Why is Pocono unfit for Indy cars?

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't think it's unfit, but a lot of fans do. I think the fans response to the crashes the last two years at Pocono has led the fans to complain enough that IndyCar is considering cancelling this race. Since 1971, IndyCar/Cart/IRL has raced there 24 times, and had one fatality, that same time period had four deaths at Indianapolis, think they will cancel the Indy 500?

Most of the Pocono track doesn't have a grandstand on the outside. Maybe they need a taller concrete wall, or another type of barrier above the concrete to keep the cars in, and not turn into a cheese grader like the fence is.

03RumbleBee and rd400racer like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's a pretty good race on tonight at 8:30 on NBCSN. A one mile oval in St Louis. 200 mph top speed, 186 qualifying times, things happen quick.

I think they eliminated the LED info display on the roll hoops. They're designing a new one to come out on the new 2022 cars. Those little displays are handy.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll be watching. Indycar is quite the show lately. I've done my shit today so I'm enjoying a R&J cigar, drinking Bourbon, have the stereo on and Moto America on the tube. Life in US f'ing A is good:beer:

cpettit and Razr like this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

What an exciting race. Sato went from the gutter in Pocono to winning. I was pulling for the local boy Carpenter to get him, another 200 feet and Carpenter wins. Looked like a packed house. Did you notice the three wide parade lap?

8. Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens Member

That was a great race. Thought Sato had an excellent perspective of his win and the past week. I was impressed with his team having his back in the middle of the week and he sure did reward them last night. I was also pulling for Carpenter, but could not been more impressed with victory lane and the story behind the past week. That was a very nice crowd last night.

Razr likes this.
  9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Finally caught up on all the summer races, and I agree, Mid-Ohio this year was one of the better races in the last few seasons. Love that track.

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

So happy for Sato (and Carpenter and Kanaan) considering Pocono!

Ferucci is impressive; he's shown some serious giddy-up this seaosn. And he's humble.

Glad to see Rossi not winning again.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

IndyCar will race at Richmond next year, Saturday night under the lights, a 3/4 mile track.

12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Richmond? Damn and I thought Nazareth lap times were fast......

fastedyamaha likes this.
  13. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I raced at Pocono and it was a lot like motocross on pavement. Very bumpy everywhere and not exactly in the middle of a large metro area for hotels etc. Even back in the early to mid 90's, it was a bit primitive.

As always, YMMV.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Will Power and Scott Dixon tested the aero shield today in Indy at speed. They both said the test went well. Power said it performed way better than anyone thought, and it will make the cars faster next year. Dixon said the test went so well, that he can't imagine getting into the car without the shield.

Chino52405 likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Man, screw the ovals. Dump the wind screen and the closed rear wheels.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The picture I saw of the car was just horrible. I hope that's a very early edition test car. Makes F1's halo look sexy. I appreciate trying to improve safety but it looks like putting a frame around a GP motorcycle.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea the one on the Honda looked kind of bulky compared to the sleeker version on the Chevy, like a high school shop class made it.

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It’s made from scrap Monkeys. :D

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

20. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Why don't they call it a windshield, because that's what it is. Might as well lap a Nascar. Or for something even safer.......not race at all!
    I hope they don't do it. But they probably will.