1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Concours de Competition at Barber June 29th

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

JPEG image 3.jpeg I have one of Mitch Cato’s set up....

britx303 likes this.
  2. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

We are actively collecting pictures and videos. We hope to have a site up to commemerate the event in a week or so. If you have pictures please let us know. In the meantime enjoy this video that Michael Hodgson, Jr shot from the Rickman CR750 following his dad around for a couple laps in the Concours. Thanks to everyone who participated. We may do it again next year if there is enough interest.

3. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

I just realized that we failed to post the winners last week.

Concours de Competition (go class):
    1st Doug Bowie Ducati F1 Montjuich
    2nd David Rutherford BSA Gold Star
    3rd Mitch Cato Yamaha FZR400

Concours d'Elegance (show class):
    1st Jim Hinshaw Kawasaki H1R
    2nd Mike Allaman "Lester Wheels" Endurance Racer
    3rd Bill Brown Yamaha FZR750

Best of Show
    Mike Hodgson Rickman Honda CR750

We had 23 entries in the "go" class, of which 18 finished the required laps to qualify for the judging round. We had an additional 24 bikes in the "show" class. Congratualtions to the winners. Hope to see you back next year.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn thats beautiful!!!

5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

We actually spoke after the event about next year. Asked if I wanted to be a part. But my bike is a V7MW bike 1995. I don't think I qualify.

6. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

We are thinking about including V7 next year. All V7MW (pre - 1996) and nearly all V7HW ( pre- 1996 except a couple 1999) machines would be 25+ years old in 2020. It would be helpful to hear how many V7 owners are interested if we made the change.

7. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

I have started a commemorative page for the Inaugural event on facebook under "Concours de Competition". It has several pictures, some information and the same video posted above. Hopefully it will reach a wider audience so we can get more participation for next year. Check back there occasionally as we will be adding additional pictures and information as we get them. Thanks, Ron

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

A question. The ‘89 V6 GSXR I’m working on will be the result of several Second Gen GSXRs. Each one are former race bikes, however I’m curious if that will preclude the finished product from being eligible for judging in both classes. In addition, I plan to make it a replica/homage of the ‘89 Valvoline Formula USA GSXRs.

I’m happy to email directly to discuss details, but wanted to at least get this in the loop.

Thanks for any information.

9. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Thanks for your question and your interest.
    If I understand your question correctly you have several V6 GSXR race bikes that you are taking the best or most salvagable parts to make a single running bike. It would be of "mixed heritage". It could be entered into either class ("go" or "show"). It would be up to you to put together a story board to explain the history (or origin) of the bike you are presenting. It could be a rather cool and fun exhibit. We would not exclude it based on its heritage, but it would have to be a very nice final product, with a great exhibit to have any chance of winning a trophy. If it comes together well please request an invitation. We would like to see it, particularly if it runs well.
    We are in the early stages of working on next year's event. Let us know what you think and want to see. Thanks, Ron

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks Ron!

Yep you nailed what I’m doing to a tee. I appreciate the quick reply. This is what I’m shooting for final product.

0B621C92-9089-4D04-A2FB-89D6E27717FD.jpeg

11. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Cool. Bring it. We would love to see it and particularly to see it run.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It’s on! Had a little help getting started on the Oiler project tonight.:D

6C323E92-E95A-4000-8C26-04F36C28220A.jpeg FFC50D8E-9AE8-493C-93F6-95AAA5B48BF2.jpeg 5289C7B4-C37D-4712-8F0D-0B1B331AD413.jpeg F143A24E-FCFC-4A96-8F74-956F70C26B65.jpeg

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey