1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corporate speak

Discussion in 'General' started by Hotfoot, Aug 13, 2019.

1. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

I had to check the date on this thread cause "granular" was in frequent use at IBM almost 20 years ago (wife worked there and loved to mock that one)...

BigBird likes this.
  2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

That one's funny. My buddy says he's "working from car" all the time.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Not sure how detailed you want to go, but, it’s teaching non-humans do things in a human-like manner. Things like auto-pilot, adaptive cruise control or lane keep assist in cars, those online ads that you see that are triggered by something you viewed or searched for recently online and the WAZE app are just a few examples.

4. Nothing to do with that, I just know how to manage my time.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I once had a coworker go on about how he was marketing product x. "I'm maximizing my time by utilizing direct to design via guerilla marketing." About the third time he spit out this gibberish I had to call him on it.

"Do you even know what guerilla marketing is or is it something you read or heard in regards movie and music promotion!?!?"

Never heard him mutter it again.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Gorilla marketing????

[​IMG]

Phl218, Banditracer and Jedb like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gorilla marketing. He was sending drunk rednecks into convenience stores to buy water. :D

motoracer1100 likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

Dave needs to show them Broome marketing.

Gone in get pissed and buy errything and film it so it goes viral.

:D

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Can't be a sales gorilla. He's not picking shit out of his fur and eating it or nothin.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  10. ChemGuy

Definitely not sales guy. Everything on that sign is spelled correctly.
    I expect it’s a tech nerd tricked into this by sales guy with offer of boobies or some star trek memorabilia.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Important and efficient...you must be one of those "triple threats" from a prominent University?

13. No, just not one of those “I work 100 hours a week” people just to say they work 100 hours a week :) I need to work “triple threat” into a work conversation though, that’s a good one.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

Sounds like a win win

You thrash a vette yet?

Phl218 likes this.
  15. No :-( just older ones and thrashed isn’t Corp speak

16. ChemGuy

Sorry.

Have you had a chance to explore the performance envelope of the new halo product in a closed course environment?

Phl218 and motoracer1100 like this.
  17. No but i do have a new forward facing fish finder that’s damn cool :)

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s what tech companies call every new algorithm or technique. It’s also what they call it when they’re actually using micro task systems using humans but want people to think they have a new fancy algorithm or technique. I just hope that I can buy myself a 12 inch dick and a gaggle of Russian hookers before they’re actually right and the AI kills us all.

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That would actually be a win win win. ;)

20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Yzasserina likes this.