1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fredo is the equivalent to the N Word to Italians apparently

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

BHP41 and MachineR1 like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I guess it was edited back with the quickness, but at least for a little while.....lol

[​IMG]

MachineR1 likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Best one yet:

[​IMG]

Spang308 likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yep, he started out in the morning shift. Back before the election, Trump used to call into the show just about every day. Cuomo would humor him and let him speak without too much pushback.
    After the election Trump decided that he had absolutely no use for CNN. The Irony! :)
    He got moved to prime time, a good thing. It's asking too much to have to listen to the likes of him or Soledad O'Brien first thing in the morning.

8. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Ah geez, not this shit again...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Norwood was a scary ass place for a long while til the plant shut down and all the white workers had to find real jobs in real hoods.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yep. Dad transferred to Ft. Wayne for the last few years before retiring. The place is still a crap shoot. Half of it is way, way overpriced and gentrified, and the other half is ghetto.

Fun fact. Some of the 3 story traditionals that our parents paid 30-40K for, are going for 300-400K. Its one of the hottest areas in the city.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seems like it got hit by the hipsters like Northside did :D

12. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Nah, I can confirm it has stayed hipster-free. The hipsters are all in Northside. The east/southeast portion of the market is straight fire. Everything that goes up that isn't junk gets bought in a day. Huge influx of yuppies and young couples as the old people die or go into care. They move in, fix up, move out when the kids have to go to school since the schools are shit. It's quiet, I can go to the store and leave my garage open and my house unlocked and not worry about anything. Chances are I'll be sticking around while the current trajectory holds.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, yuppies are a little better than hipsters :D

Changes on both sides of 71 around Smith and Dana always surprise me whenever I go through there. I keep missing Walnut Hills when I try to point it out to the boss.

14. eggfooyoung

I'm just waiting for them to gentrify the NW corner so I can cash out.

15. JBarx

Yeah I'll take yuppies (I guess technically I used to be one of those too) over hipsters eight days a week. They're motivated and they take care of their stuff. It works.

The development is getting a little out of hand. I'm just off Smith, and that monstrosity they put next to the freeway (Rookwood Exchange) is a tragic piece of building. I don't know why people insist on making shit so objectively terrible. I know I have a high bar being that I work in the field, but developers can't design their way out of a wet paper bag and they end up calling the shots on these things. It's gross.

But anyway... lots happening. There's also Oakley Yard going in behind the old Playing Card Factory, on the Cincinnati side of 71. All that old industrial stuff along the rail lines and 71 has been bought up and turned into apartments, or retail, etc. Some of it isn't very awesome, but as long as it buoys my property value I'm ok with it.

I wanted to find another place a little more conducive to this racing problem I have, but I want to stay in the same neighborhood so I'll be paying the same exact premium I'd reap in a sale. For that I might as well stay where I am and make custom upgrades.

16. eggfooyoung

Mom is in Oakley, just behind MadTree. In a house she paid $42K for a million years ago. Double lot, with off street parking. The tiny bungalow style houses across the street, with none of that, are going for $200K. It's crazy.

17. eggfooyoung

Which street are you on? I grew up on Burwood.

18. JBarx

I'm on Leslie, over by UDF and Sharpsburg Elementary. Used to be *real* Appalachian over there but it's almost a whole new neighborhood now. Lots of young women and people who like to party without being obnoxious about it. I like it. Been over there almost ten years now. Hard to believe, now that I say it.

19. JBarx

Yeah for sure, her place would go for a nice chunk now! I love MadTree. Axis Mundi is a fantastic stout.

20. eggfooyoung

Ha, Sharpsburg! I was a Bulldog K-5.

Norwood was originally named Sharpsburg.

Please tell me you're a fan of The Creamy Whip???