1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OHVALE GP-0

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 16, 2018.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So if I squeeze my 220 pound butt onto one of those my wife is going to find me irresistible?
    I'm thinking she is going to be running images of a clown on a motorcycle through her mind.
    Not that I really care, I still want one...

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

A clown?

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m 240

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Interesting. And you fit on it well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. StaccatoFan

I sat on one at the MiniGP camp in June while my son was camping..and the ergos didn't seem too horrible, so I'm going to give a 160 a shot.
    I'm only 5'9" so I don't have long legs, either.

6. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’m 6 ft 190lbs .... like long walks on the beach . Sagittarius , etc and I don’t feel too cramped . It’s fine for 20 - 30 min sessions . I’d have to get my fitness well beyond where it’s at to consider endurance racing it though .... fun as hell without the consequences of a 4th year highside launching you to the moon and destroying your body .

7. StaccatoFan

Do you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain? :crackup:

turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Was the Ohvale Cup yesterday at Pitt?

9. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

britx303 likes this.
  10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

If you didnt get to be there to see the Talent cup. It was an absolute fantastic event. Thanks to Brandon for all of is hard work to pull off such a great event.

Tim_B730, renegade17 and jksoft like this.
  11. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Is there any place to watch any of the actual racing or just clips talking about how great it was?

MachineR1 likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

MA Live plus has them up I think.

13. Renato G

Renato G New Member

For those of you experienced in WERA racing, which categories do these bikes fit? My son races a 110.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need to do some more research on them to be sure but the 110 would work in the 80cc mini class, maybe the 50cc one.

15. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Against an 80cc 2 stroke it would be either the 160 or 190.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'm thinking partially the bikes and partially how our rules are written. Obviously never took the Ohvale into account and will have to change things this off season. The 50cc class rules are written to allow TTR125's and XR100's, the 80cc rules to allow up to 150cc four strokes which will need to be changed but I have to figure out why I did the 150 limit in the first place, pretty sure there was a reason for it. Might bump the displacement limit for small wheels to accommodate them but I also need to see how they do head to head with the stuff already out there.

17. Renato G

Renato G New Member

So the Superbike 50 class can do Ohvale 110s and KX65; Formula 80: Ohvale 160/190.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is what I'm thinking yes but still need to see the 160/190 in action to be positive.

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Where would we find a mini schedule for next year?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  20. StaccatoFan

Had a little fun on my 160 going around my block today while I was waiting around for the Heating/AC guys to finish at my house.

No doubt it's going to be a bit of a challenge adapting to the Ohvale's size and ergos, the Grom's spacious by comparision....but

What a FUN FREAKIN' LITTLE BIKE!!!!!!

@Mongo, I'm assuming you have to do the WERA school to race anything, including minis right?

I might be down for Summit and NJMP rounds with my little pocket rocket. Done a few miniGP races at United and Sandy Hook this year..and mini racing is a freakin blast!