1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mecum Kissimmee 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Which o
    Which one?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Hero car.

3. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Nah- would still like to get my dad a Cuda. He had one for 30-days until he totaled it while in highschool. Bought it off a Vet that came home from Vietnam and had lost his leg. He needed cash for bills so sold the car to dad and he crashed it going up bootjack hill in Ridgway,PA in a rain storm racing his buddy.

Lost all pics of it when his parents house flooded During one of the Clarion river floods. He still talks about the car and I’d love to buy him one.

Best part is I owned my first truck for 60-days before totaling it. We still joke I had mine for twice as long as he did.

4. ClemsonsR6

They finally got the guy to sell it? It's been in NC/VA/TN area for like 50 years now, in a barn, partially dismantled.

I'd like to know the story on that one.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I watched him drive it up the hill at Goodwood last year but haven't followed it much since then. Crazy that his dad kept it hidden all those years. Even after Steve tried to buy it from him. Smart dad. He set his kid up big time.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

Oh yes he did.

If I remember correctly, his mom drove it as a daily driver for a few years too.

Just wild.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

8. ClemsonsR6

Good reads RD....funny the family is parting ways with it now.

The lure of instant millionaires is to much I suppose?

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what it actually goes for since the have replaced some stuff on it. That sours pure collectors, but the notoriety of the car could overcome that.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I never heard anything on the Hero car was touched except fluids and brakes.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Read the link I posted above. Under the History tab.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Steeltoe likes this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I get it, it was in a movie. But good grief, it's an ugly ass, plain jane green Mustang. I just don't get how it being in a movie and driven by McQueen make it worth millions to people.

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It's worth millions to aging men with piles of cash and youthful memories of Steve McQueen as the king of cool. Give it another generation or two and the value will adjust.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, I'm sure Babe Ruth's uniform or baseball glove is available at fire sale prices these days... I mean it's just cloth and leather, right?

Collecting always has an absolute, and it's all about what pushes a certain person's buttons. It isn't always about reliving your youth.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The Fast and Loud team built a copy of this car for Steve's son.

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Same reason all those bikes, some fairly ugly, that sit in the Barber Museum.

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Read the background story - I doubt they are hard up for money.