1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaketheone46, Aug 1, 2019.

1. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Ayup.

After track time, the street will never feel the same.

BigBird likes this.
  2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Rosso cosa 2.

3. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Ha ha the squid answers are freeking hilarious.

4. Jaketheone46

Cool that’s not far at all, thanks for the offer. Which tracks do you usually go to??

5. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Interesting you mentioned those - I just spooned a fresh set on, night before last.
    Never been on Pirellis, looking forward to seeing what they are all about.

track wagon likes this.
  6. tack514

tack514 Well-Known Member

NCM, Putnam, Mid O for track days usually. Road Atl, Barber, Roebling Road for racing. Last raced in 2016

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Or you could just go race and come back and do a write up. It's pretty easy actually.

8. Jaketheone46

I’d get my ass spanked so bad right now there is no way!! Lol now if they had a race for people who have never entered a track I would do that. But in all seriousness the tire money alone in racing would break my ass. I don’t see how some of you all do it. I did see your post in the Porsche thread about spoiling the party and saying no to payments. I’ve lived this way for a long time myself. If I can’t buy it I won’t own it.

9. Jaketheone46

I’ve been to all of these tracks back in the early/mid 2000s helping pit for my buddies. I had a lot of fun just watching. I have not been to NCM yet. But when I bought the wife’s R3 we was offered a free track day at NCM. I’ve never had the time yet.

10. Jaketheone46

So after my tire thread ordeal I ended up finding a throw off set of Bridgestone RS10R right here on the forum. My previous tire experience has been pirelli/metzler for many many years mainly running SCs ,SPV2, and racetechs. I installed these rs10s and headed to the gap, unloaded at the gap resort on a Wednesday so traffic wasn’t bad yet and the wife and I took off to cross the gap. The first turn I came to I found myself falling in way early where I had to stand the bike back up so I didn’t run off the road!! I just can’t believe the turn in difference with the RS10 and have already picked up a new set. so this was originally why I started this thread trying to find out what tire has great turn in that’s not a full blown race tire. I found it however they do wear fast. The front is still pretty good but the rear was gone in 600 miles. So this has me curious, are there even better tires for that fast turn in out there?? I heard dunlops fall in fast but I don’t particularly like the super stiff sidewalls. A stiff front is ok it’s the rear I like on the soft side. How well do the Michelin RS turn in ?? Compared to supercorsas and RS10??
    So far I absolutely love these RS10R they are flat out amazing.

11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Can you just go to a race track already? You're on your way to being part of a grizzly accident report. Sorry. Not trying to be a cock. Go take these tires to a track. Your bike life will be much better.

12. Jaketheone46

I plan to eventually get to the track for sure. I am Definitely not out hammering hard at all. I’m mostly riding with my wife who is on her R3 and in her second year of riding. This is why I love the mountains, you don’t have to be flying at all to enjoy the ride being the corners are plentiful and sharp. I learned my lesson way more than once playing to hard on the street.

Ducti89 likes this.