1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson finally done?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

DVR cought an episode of old clarkson era top gear on BBC America. Looks like a new series made from a collection of old bits.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Man I dunno, Jezza's looking older/fatter than ever in this shot from season 3 filming; his double chin is almost eclipsing the tie knot :D

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 11.20.46 AM.png

pfhenry likes this.
  3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I was about to respond by pointing out that he’s old, but he’s only 58. ?!?! :eek::confused:

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Doesn't come across as somebody who epitomizes clean-living.

I thought I remembered reading that he smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish, and isn't one to turn away just about any food that's put in front of him.

His ever-expanding gut each season seems to be pretty clear evidence if the picture above doesn't do enough......

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ya'll are funny talking about a skinny little guy like that :D

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I thought he was older than that.

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You & me both. Unless Wiki lied to me ... born 1960.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Fuckin party hard then....that dude won't be leaving behind any good lightly used organs..:D

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Its funny watching him trying to squeeze himself into a supercar.

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Or a wetsuit........

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Jeremy comments on F1. Vid in the youtube thread lol. "Get rid of the stewards. Dangerous driving? I'd give them 5 championship points."

BigBird likes this.
  12. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

You know how those car guys are. Just get some gold chains and you will be ready for a new C8 Vette.

13. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Has anyone watched a whole episode of the newest "new" Top Gear? I try watching and I cannot finish the whole show. I HATE the celebrity part.
    These new guys are terrible too! They went with extra brittish hosts for the latest version, and they are so far britt that they need subtitles to know what they are saying. It like someone talking with cotton in their mouth, and they are just sooo boring!
    Jeremy, James and Hamster are the absolute best. The BBC should throw in the towel on Top Gear and cancel the whole show.

ducnut likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hire Guy Martin and Ben Bostrom for the Top Gear. Throw in a third host if you want but I think watching Guy and Bostrom interact would be show enough.

Shit, Throw in Jamie James and make it a panel show on racing and whatever and just let them talk about gawd knows what . . . but you'd have to add sub titles.

ducnut likes this.
  15. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

It'll be hard for anyone to live up to the old Top Gear. Even their new Amazon show is a shadow of it. I thought LeBlanc and Harris had some great chemistry going and it was really starting to find its identity when he quit. These new guys are just totally "bro." It lacks any originality: Buy some old cars and see which one survives a beating in some third world country. Cut to Harris doing an emotional piece on some new unobtanium limited edition supercar.

Funkm05 likes this.
  16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I vote Colin Edwards. He may not need subtitles. But plenty of entertainment.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Colin and Guy would make a truly fun show.

ducnut likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Throw him in there with the other three.

Like king of the hill with three Boomhauers and a fourth Boomhauer that can actually speak.

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever heard Jamie speak but anytime Scott Russell has commented on races Droopy and Huckleberry Hound just spring into my imagination..

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Man I wish Colin was doing more. Having him on Top Gear would be awesome.

Yzasserina likes this.