1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America | Championship of Sonoma | Aug 10-11

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 8, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We've been over that a time or three. They're in denial. :D

5axis likes this.
  2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Andy Palmer posted after Road America that the rear wheel is intentionally mis-aligned as they found it gave them better stability at high speed and added a few MPH to their trap speed based on their testing. So the british announcer is spot on.

3. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I believe it!

JJJerry likes this.
  4. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Read post #101....

And NEVER put the words "SV650" and "high speed" in the same sentence again.

:D

Superbikeorbust likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Without describing it as “clapped out”, right? ;)

6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

*FZ07

drop, badmoon692008 and rcarson15 like this.
  7. racesbikes

You have to look past the ruthless efficiency and unparalleled technical development of the machine to understand that the beauty of the SV650 is in the eye of the beholder....

:beer:

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The last part they liken to a reverse corhscrew? What sucks about it -- the very last corner with the wall on the outside?

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

bent bike.jpg
    First off... He rides an FZ07 so :moon:
    Maybe it wasn't bent this weekend, and it didn't look like it as much as it did at Road America, at least to me.
    Maybe Andy is next level trolling here but it seemed like he was being legitimate to me.

10. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Funny, I’m at Sonoma raceway right now riding and are we are down for lunch. At my less than stellar speed, I don't even notice the bumps or walls.

11. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

I desperately wish they could find a way to get spectators to the inside portion of the track, that was my only complaint having gone there last time. The hill with the TV is good viewing but I would have loved to explore a bit more

5axis likes this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Pretty sure the offset axle thing was a one round setup for the enormous road America straights. I think since then they’ve straightened it back out if I’ve read Kurtiss’s posts correctly. So the commentator I think can’t get the road America image out of his head. Looked straight to me this weekend.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. racesbikes

Well there is their problem.

Drake Beau Champ is apparently using SV650 wheels and spacers on a Yamaha.

Its so obvious.....the front and rear wheels aren't even the same color.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sears Point is a hoot! Love that track.

15. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

It's a double header weekend for twins... that alone will be worth the price of admission. The Sonoma Twins race is available on Facebook... have them watch it there or get the Live+ app and watch it with them.

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Also that weekend is the Ohvale Talent cup. 16 kids 10- 12 racing ohvale 160cc for a chance to go to Italy, and 10 7-9yr olds racing the 110cc with the winner getting an free ohvale. Who doesn't wanna watch kids racing awesome machines.

17. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Not to me and a bunch of others. and It's not just that the wheels looked misaligned at Road America, the whole bike looked twisted.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I know what you’re talking about from road America. Whole chassis looked goofy. But I was also watching on tv for Sonoma so I’m sure I didn’t have as good of a view as someone there in person. Looks like he had a chassis overhaul this week with Lenny Albin. Curious to see what that does for his corner speed.

r6boater likes this.
  19. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Considering all the long hauls you guys have been making for single-race events, Pitt Race is like a logistics 2-fer!

r6boater likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Even harder for the west coast guys with 8 eastern rounds vs. 2 western rounds.

SundaySocial and Superbikeorbust like this.