1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You need to fully understand the Over Rev data for the specific year model car. In typical Porsche fashion comparing a report against the wrong year or model information will lead to an incorrect assessment.

G2G and Phl218 like this.
  3. Venom51

If it was a 4.0 the number would start with a $2xx,xxx...

Phl218 likes this.
  4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Sorry I must’ve missed the price in his original post.

I think we’d be starting a bit higher than a “2” handle if it were a 2011 gt3 rs 4.0. Maybe with 20k on the odo it starts at $2xx,xxx?

I believe they were almost a half-mil new or damn close to it.

5. Venom51

You are correct...

• Price
      $479,000
    • Location Naperville, IL, USA
    • Condition Used
    • VIN WPOAF2A91BS785647
    • Mileage 2,487
    • Engine 6 cyl
    • Drive Type 2WD
    • Transmission Manual
    • Vehicle Type Coupe
    • Exterior Color White

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's a 3.8

7. Venom51

I have to wonder a little why the 991 GT3 4.0 didn't hurt that cars a value a bit. I guess because that was the only 997 gen with a 4.0l in it. I still don't fully grasp the Porsche collector car market. I just bought mine to drive.

BigBird and zamboiv like this.
  8. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

So we pulled the trigger tonight and bought the used 17 Macan S. The wife is happy and I am happy to be done with BMW for a while. This car has 42k miles but is immaculate inside and out. It's a certified preowned, so we have warranty until June of 2022. We drove an 18 Macan GTS in blue that was very nice, but it was a little more than we're looking to spend at the moment. Hopefully we like this car as much as other Macan owners seem to like theirs.

Sundaydisco, Phl218, HPPT and 3 others like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

well you can upgrade the turbo with a IS38, tune it and have much more power. It's a VAG engine, and well they are easy to upgrade to OEM+

BTW what's a warranty? :Poke: :D

wsmc42 likes this.
  10. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

I still like the oddball 928 GT. My uncle has had multiple Porsche's but the one I fell in love with was the 944 Turbo. Great fun car to drive. Hell buy what you want now..YOLO

NemesisR6, Phl218 and HPPT like this.
  11. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I like you’re way of thinking. But, I’m getting older and keep finding myself getting more rational & logical when it comes to things like that. We do become our parents I guess.

BigBird likes this.
  12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Good to hear. I was wondering if you picked it up!

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

When my dad still worked for the company he had a few 928 company cars over the years.

Nothing else matched the sensation of effortless acceleration as that car, and it made some AMAZING noises the whole time.......

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

this is a GREAT Deal....drive it and still sell it for the same or more money in a few years

https://www.porscheofsouthshore.com...orsche-911-gt3-rs-rwd-coupe-wp0af2a91ks164070

[​IMG]

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm just a peasant and may not understand, so forgive me for asking sir, but how/where does one drive said type vehicle? When does such royalty decide when to drive said high priced vehicle? I'm asking for a friend, again.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

There's a whole weird sub-culture of people that buy these cars never to be seen again. At my daughters dealership, one of the scions of a very well known liquor producer ordered a very rare custom built 911 from the Porsche factory. It was delivered to the dealership in a huge crate and while the owner awaited the transportation to his estate (it was still in the crate), he hired off duty police to guard it 24 hours a day until it was put on a truck and then delivered (still in crate). No one at the dealership ever actually saw the car except maybe the owner of the dealership. She did get wind of the price and told me it was in the neighborhood of $800K. No one has seen it since and this was about 3 years ago. And if you drink liquor, you've drank the goods this family produces.

BigBird and speedluvn like this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Through the hood. Saw a teeny bopper and little girlfriend driving daddy's ride yesterday.

BigBird and speedluvn like this.
  18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

So does it require a, "do I wanna chance driving my [insert high price vehicle here] to this location"? Do I now need to concern myself with where I park and things of that manner because I'm concerned about my resale value?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd love to say I'm shocked at that or say I've never heard of people doing that but I can't. Can't say it's "common" but I've seen or heard about it first hand enough times to just mutter under my breath and keep on moving.

and not even for $800K super exotics but more "pedestrian" exotics in some cases.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wouldn't know. I don't know enough about cars for them to be an investment. I was looking at 430's and 458's the other day, and never once did resale enter my mind. Of course, I'm about -2% seriously looking, so it's all relative.