1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I destroyed my lawnmower...now what?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Wow, ya'll remind me of the picture of how a woman gets through a store vs a man. Lift the damn thing up and look under it you'll see what's bent.

Nvm- never saw the post that the crank was bent, been too busy TL;DR.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

What a lame excuse - just like a woman.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

swap the crank out yourself it is the only cost effective way, repair shop will be equal to a new lawn mower

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

A lawnmower? :Poke::D

5. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I used to get them straight enough to use with a 3lb lead babbit.If you get lucky and get it pretty close to straight,it won't vibrate your teeth out

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

look on CL... theres always someone selling a decent rig for under $50.
    bending a crank is pretty cool...lol. I once sprayed the remaining nitrous in a bottle into a mower
    that had a rod knock... the rod came out the block about 8 seconds in...lol

BigBird likes this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Club Cadet 28 inch mower. 5 more inches! [add length jokes here :rolleyes:]
    I love that it cut time from my, sometimes twice a week morning schedule.

BigBird likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I use a Toro TimeMaster 30”. People don’t believe how much time is saved, until they use one. I’ll never mow with a 20”-22” ever again.

9. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

We were straightening crankshafts in lawn mowers 60 years ago when I worked in our family lawn mower/chain saw business. It's easy with a special steel bracket (dad make ours) and a 4 ton hydraulic jack. Any decent lawn mower shop will have one and should be able to straighten the crank for $25-$50 if you take the engine to them (the local guy charges $25), more if they have to take it off the mower.

You can pull the crank and replace it, simple on a lawn mower. However, if the crankshaft is bent too much, the bottom cover of the engine can't be pulled off over the bend, and it has to be straightened while in the engine.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. speedluvn

I thought about that. When I first got it I snapped the rear wheel drive cable and that beotch was a bear to move without the rear drive wheels engaged.
    I could see it being difficult to maneuver as I get older. It’s definitely more difficult around close obstacles.

BigBird likes this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I refuse to mow grass. It's cheap enough to sub out so it just doesn't make sense. Yeah, it's easy and marginally gratifying, but with finite time in my day, year, and life, I don't want to be tied to it.

Nothing worse than having to skip a day of [whatever shit you like to do] to mow your lawn.

Scotty87 likes this.
  12. speedluvn

Do you also pay to have someone rub one out for you as well due to lack of time? Pussification of a’murica :rolleyes:

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Interferes with WERA forum viewing, eh?

Phl218 likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The assholes around here charge $60/mow, and if it’s been raining they do it twice a week. No way I’m paying $480/mo from March to November to mow my fucking grass. Even if they cut back to once a week August to November it’s still like $3k.

BigBird likes this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If I keep the mower gassed up, blades sharp and ready to start, my wife likes to mow. It takes me hardly any time at all.:crackup:

BigBird, Phl218 and JBraun like this.
  16. speedluvn

Do you live in the Arctic. I thought you were ballin’?
    Or do you need that extra $480 for hookers & blow?

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Plenty of time for that since I didn't have to mow my stupid lawn.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You got a good one, hold on to her. :D

BigBird likes this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what if one likes to do it... and doesnt burn up precious weekend days?
    Like you said the services are "cheap" & "plentiful" but never found one that does as good of a job on a consistent basis. So when neighbors ask "Who does your lawn?" I just tell them some stupid dipshit. :D

auminer likes this.
  20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lol for sure, @JBraun is a total pussy. You should ask for his ‘man card’ or some other thinly veiled homosexual dog whistle to let us all know you’re the real alpha in town. What a fucking joke. Insecure much?

bleacht likes this.