1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone else try to pull an all nighter

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Aug 10, 2019.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

for moto gp 8 am ? Young mans game? stupid? worthy of ridicule? antsy about getting Jlo back for further ridicule?

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Nobody should be awake at 8 am.

cpettit likes this.
  3. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

this is an east coast strategy. us west coasters are fucked.

except australia. 10-11pm live racing FTW!!!!!

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course. But not for Moto GP. :D

6. It's a terrible burden to be in the same timezone as the majority of the races, on weekends where I can't be at the venue (like this weekend). Watching live from morning to mid-afternoon pretty much kills the day :(

;)

Phl218 and Steeltoe like this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Not all night, but I'm sitting here on a little island on Lake Champlain and I got up at 5am to watch Moto3 and the rest of the show. Ah, vacation:D

K51000 and Yzasserina like this.
  8. I hauled ass in off the lake from fishing so I could get by GP race, always like to watch them live vs recorded/ on demand. Don’t get a good enough signal on the lake to watch it on the phone or iAd.

aboogie973 likes this.
  9. BASS FISHING.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I do it for the Asian and Australian rounds just because it’s usually around 3 am

11. aboogie973

aboogie973 Well-Known Member

I live in Hawaii, so I just set my alarm clock to catch it. Time difference sucks.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Watch out for Champ.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Central time was perfect this morning. Shower at 6:45, then race, then pick and check out, get coffee and head to O’Hare (which sucks btw)

But I prefer watching it at 8AM .

If I was on the left coast, I’d definitely have a subscription and the no spoiler page as start page in my browser.
    Racing is important, but sleep is importanter

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

And grammar be most importantest to watch for.

15. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I get up and head over to the Fuel Cafe, 5th street- MIlwaukee for breakfast and to watch it live at 0700 Central.
    About a dozen of us there, then to a spirited ride thru countryside- about 140 miles today after the race.
    What a race it was! I won't post a spoiler though. So, no need to pull an all nighter for me.

Sounds like a good reason to pull one though- as in party all night, watch the race, then crash/sleep.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I stay up late but not that late. Plus, I need at least 8 hrs per night so not much chance I’m catching it live.

I just keep the no spoiler in my favorites bar and watch when I finish my day on Sunday. Rode 110 miles one way for tacos this morning and came home, laid on the couch and watched the races. I keep a hdmi cable connected to the good tv for quick laptop connection. Why the f@ck doesn’t the moto gp roku app have a no spoiler setting? Am I just missing it?

K51000 likes this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Overnights are still common for me due to work. Not as easy to do multiple in a row like I used to.

18. Faggot

Faggot Birth of League

i switched to the no spoiler links.

19. Not after you pulled an all nighter :)

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The races are just as good if you wait until later. Only reason I ever get up before 9 on a Sunday is to go riding. Got 470 miles in yesterday, home before dark... grilled a steak and enjoyed the race. Will watch Moto2 and 3 when I get a chance.