1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assault Weapons Ban Heading to Senate Floor

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Aug 9, 2019.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You touch on something very important here, possibly without realizing it. The United States of America is NOT the government. It’s US. The government only exists to serve us, not rule us.

3. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Warren unveiled her proposal CNBS NPR Fox MotherJones :
    • Require background checks for gun purchasers who buy at gun shows or online
    • Apply the 18-and-up age restriction on gun purchases to more sales
    • Close the so-called “boyfriend loophole” – current law bars abusive spouses from obtaining weapons, but does not apply to all abusive dating partners
    • Direct the attorney general to prosecute unlawful gun trafficking and investigate the National Rifle Association for alleged corruption
    • Direct the bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to revoke the licenses of gun dealers that are found to routinely violate the rules
    • Boost the excise tax on handguns to 30% from 10% and on ammunition to 50% from 11%
    • Establish a one-week waiting period for all gun purchases
    • Increase the minimum age to 21 for all gun sales
    • Prohibit anyone convicted of a hate crime from owning a gun
    • Establish Federal Licensing System for Firearms & Ammunition
    • Allow families of mass shootings to sue gun manufacturers and the CEOs
    • Hold CEOs of firearm manufacturers, criminally liable, if any regulatory violation occurs by the company
    • Assault Weapons Ban
    • Establish $100M grant to research effective methods to end gun violence

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. She’s fucking nuts

XFBO and brex like this.
  5. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

She is looking to start a civil war! lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

I’m a gun manufacturer. I may make 15-50 ARs a year. So now I can be sued? Fuck her.

Photo likes this.
  7. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

How many of those you make do you think people will voluntarily turn in or register? She is nuts.

8. Quicktoy

Well most are registered as most are SBRs. But they won’t turn them in.

Photo likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My ingrained Patriotism chose those words. :flag:

ryoung57 likes this.
  10. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

I keep hearing people say this . And I’m most certainly not for a ban at all considering what my safe is filled with but........

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if the majority don’t turn them in.

I think the majority will turn them in when it happens. Or they’ll hide them away if they think the one they have will be hard to trace back to them but, what good is owning something you can’t use ?

After a few high profile busts a good many will turn them in or hide them and forget about them . IMHO which will be sad but I don’t see any sort of armed resistance that will matter .

If there is any sort of armed resistance randomly across the country those people will quickly be labeled terrorists, murderers etc and that will be it

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t think cops will go after them. Waco and Ruby Ridge both started out as weapons violations issues. Imagine that times thousands, possibly millions (there are roughly 15 million “assault rifles” in the country).

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Oh fuck!

36BAAD6F-B7BF-4DCD-93D6-8A7F25639E57.jpeg

knutz likes this.
  13. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Oh I don’t think we’ll see mass raids or anything but, I def think in more metro areas there will be raids .

They’ll be planned better than just knocking down a door but it will happen.

Like someone mentioned in this or another thread it happens in Cali already.

But like I said earlier . What’s the point of keeping it if you just hide it away and can never use it without fear of being narc’d on or caught red handed ?

Shit I had the RO at a local public range start questioning me about my 80% rifle .

After he was done he called up to the range’s office to make it sure it was “legal” cause he was quite sure he had someone there with an “illegal home built weapon”

The guy in charge of the range is a friend of mine and a retired deputy. He told me about it later

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think it’ll cause a massive divide in the LE community, to the point of breaking down the system.

15. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

You may be right there . I’m not advocating to turn them in or anything I just think that’s how it will go.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If only two or three percent of the 80,000,000 gun owners were in a position to quickly rally, even if only in small-numbered detachments, that's an overnight army of 1,600,000 - 2,400,000 motivated shooters that no one wants to fuck with...and there's bound to be a Green Beret battalion (or two dozen) moonlighting with their brand of assistance to, and for, the “freedom fighters”.
    Honestly, I don't know why there's even a question.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

To distract you long enough to murder Jeffrey Epstein

MachineR1 and fastfreddie like this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hard to tell but is that arguing about the 2nd Amendment or the Federal Army (something prevented under the Articles of Confederation I believe)?

19. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Apply these to the last incidents - would there be a change?

Better yet - apply these constraints to oh, say voting....fucking democrats would shit a chicken.

XFBO and Quicktoy like this.
  20. Quicktoy

All great points I can’t argue with.