1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey tile guys

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Bathroom has a 48 sq ft footprint, there is more than 48 square feet of marble used in the bathroom (walls are slab up to ceiling).

As far as pricing goes, yup it's crazy expensive in the NYC high end world. I work as a gc and our average square footage build price starts at $1500/sq ft and has reached $5k/sq ft for real crazy builds

2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

$$ doesn't equal taste, that's for sure. Used to do high end custom cabinetry (sure, I'll build you a potato shaped TV cabinet), which was basically particle board, painted with automotive finishes.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Session 3 - hey Foo the hammer worked, but it was some effort. But thanks, it got 'er done[​IMG]

Sent from my smatrfone

eggfooyoung likes this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

How much effort? Like, were you sweating profusely afterwards? I need to know. That might be my next project.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

It was a lot of swinging. Probably could have tried a heavier hammer, but yeah I feel like I lifted at the gym, or whatever I imagine lifting at the gym feels like since I do the gym.

Depending on how you want to dispose of it, you can do large or small pieces

Sent from my smatrfone

6. speedluvn

What size hammer did you use for demolition?

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

BFH...

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

And, how many project you got going on, you need a GC for all this.

as eggfooyoung said, a 2lb worked and I had one in the garage. Otherwise I would probably have gotten a Hart 4lb sledge if I didn't have the 2lb sledge from Harbor Frieght already.

Also, we used an angle grinder and made small notches as we went along and that also helped making breaking apart the tub easier.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

We?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

My dad was there for moral support, along with laying down the knowledge and well it was nice to be able to just work with him around.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ahhh ok, thought the wife might have been helping which might possibly start a new section in the Divorce thread. :D

Phl218, speedluvn and BigBird like this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

oh, We (wife and I) did visit a tile store, and well....we have very, very different tastes and expectations for the final product...

13. speedluvn

Did you expect anything different :rolleyes:

BigBird likes this.
  14. speedluvn

Looking for a reason to purchase a maul ;)

15. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Oh oh.....

Now it’s gonna get interesting :D

BigBird likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

How many Pinterest references were brought up?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

There were A LOT of screen shots, might as well have stayed home and watch her phone instead. Thankfully, he "Floor and Decor" store had some nice displays setup and a lot of selection, so I stopped even paying attention to the phone.

We ending up choosing something in there. On the car ride back, she was like maybe we should check some other stores.

Then radio silence, and a quick change to we all should go get some ice cream.

:D

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Ice cream can make a bad bathroom seem trivial.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too funny, all I can hate on is the tp placement :D

ClemsonsR6 and Dave_SV like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

The more I think about it, the more I want to get rid of that window, the only issue is the outside. I have old school white(or used to be) aluminum siding, and finding that may be hard to get.

The only thing I would really lose with the window is admiring my just cut lawn when taking a shower :)