1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro racers should be banned from...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Aug 9, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hayden Gillem blew past me going over wheelie hill at NJMP and then kicked the back end out and slid it through T4 right in front of me. It was fun to watch :D

2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

This video deserved its own thread :D

ducnut likes this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is actually a good thing to have guys like that out on track. I have found that there are quite a few track day only guys have a very elevated opinion of their riding abilities and being left for dead by a fast pro takes them down a notch and resets their perspective. :D

Of course there are some who are quite vocal in their belief that "he just has a better bike than me". Fortunately them being vocal allows you to identify them early and avoid them.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

In British Superbikes, I think 5 seconds separates first from last.

ducnut likes this.
  5. Ducti89

It should be blended in with the tire thread:D

ducnut likes this.
  6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

And then the tire thread op would claim that Canepa is faster than him only at the track :Poke::crackup:

ducnut likes this.
  7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

JD Beach, literally seven days after winning the Red Bull Rookies cup, was riding a poorly running RS125 at a trackday and passed me around the outside like I was chained to a lamppost. Granted I was riding a (well running) FZR600 lamppost, but still. I started to reel him in, but someone decided to put another corner in my way.

Riding with pro caliber racers is always awesome. Racing against them? Not so much...

ducnut likes this.
  8. Ducti89

Yep:D

9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

All racers should be banned from trackdays. Its a trackday, not a race guy day.
    Yes Im pissed at losing out on trackday trophys because these who ha's show up and go fast.

ducnut likes this.
  10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I found it pretty awesome and I'm sure he had a big smile on his face passing everybody. He did it respectful so just a fast rider passing people slower than him. Wish I had his skills but would be one of the riders he flies past

11. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Reminds me of the time I got passed in a Lightweight Sportsman race at Loudon by Eric Wood....as he was lapping me..LOL!!! At least it was turn 12 on the last lap..:crackup::crackup: I was like, Holy Shit!!!:crackup::crackup:

ducnut likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

August 2000, John Hopkins was my "coach" at a Team Hammer practice/trackday at Pocono. I was on my brand new Y2K R1 and he was on a clapped out 600 with chunks of rubber missing from the rear tire. It was my first day ever on the track so he was just going to show me the lines around the track. We were doing 120 just exiting the pit! I was holding on for dear life just trying to keep up, lines be damned. Upon entering the front straight, I took a quick look behind me (I know, bad move)...when I looked up he was already at the end of the straight going into turn 1. Never saw him again. :eek:

ducnut likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I sure wish that guy could’ve put everything together. I really had hopes for him.

Yzasserina, pscook and speedluvn like this.
  14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

who is saying he didn't? he has made a life riding motorcycles??

ducnut likes this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I really hoped for championship contention.

True. But, man, he’s sure torn up. I can’t imagine the pain he must wake up with.

16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Kocinski (on a GSXR1000 iirc) knocked my left knee puck off going down the straight at Blackhawk. I passed him back going through the carousel....on a clapped out FT500 Ascot. Ok...it was in the rain, but still....

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

love his vids. "Holy closing speeds Batman !! "

ducnut likes this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

C’mon Craig!

It has been well documented that none of us wannabe expert, liberal, so and so’s have EVER been on track with REAL professional racers...

:D

19. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

2018, correct? You were pitted a little ways down from us.

I remember you coming back to your spot after a session (pouring rain, spray flying everywhere) and revving the TL pretty hard. That thing sounds brutal!

TLR67 likes this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I normally don't like helmet cam videos, but this one is pretty cool. He turns his head so far inside on some of those corners, I'm sure some of his reference points have to be off the track surface!

K51000 and ducnut like this.