1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Paso Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

G 97 and Montoya like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It was held at the school back when I took it, but it was an after school thing you had to sign up for.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Hunter safety still taught in my local junior high school. Kids (mostly girls) can opt out but most, even the girls, take the course.

brex likes this.
  4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It's still done in the HS that my wife teaches at. Also, HS trap shooting is the fastest growing HS sport. MN leads the nation for it.

brex and Montoya like this.
  5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I know the point is that evil Will find a way and the ban knives is a bit tongue in cheek but That kinda makes gun control look good if a cop is only wounded by a machete vs 20 people dying.

If evil is inevitable, then I’d rather be the cop than dead by gunfire.

Now, do I finally buy a 223 upper so I can use my Surefire can or keep waiting until SHTF

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

10. Quicktoy

Buy a 556 upper. You’ll blow it up if you run a 556 down a 223 upper ;)

Steak Travis likes this.
  11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Y’all have any in the shop ? The lower I have is sbr’d so I’m open to short barrel uppers. The Surefire suppressor is an old one i got forever ago and think the min barrel length is 12.5

12. Quicktoy

Oh ya then go with a 12.5 or I copied a M4 and put a 14” on one. We sold a few this week, I think we are gonna restock today but only had some billet ones. I think we are ordering some cheapos too.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Stupid can be dangerous...self inflicted stupid should hurt, Fireman should'a beat his ass...

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Talk about tone deaf.

My brother did that in 1972. He was just shy of 14. A shooter had opened fire on shoppers in the parking lot of North Hills Mall in Raleigh, killing 4 and wounding several others. I had just been to my Grandfather's in SC and bought some Black Cat firecreackers. Butthead found them and went to the playground at the nearby middle school with some friends and started lighting them. They were swarmed by cop cars with sirens blaring, lights flashing, and hands on weapons. I learned this because when I arrived home from school the cops were waiting for me because the little bastard had told them they were my firecrackers.

SGVRider likes this.
  16. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

kangasj likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep duct tape him to a telephone pole for a few hours or days with a sign on him.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That’s what bros are for. Hahaha.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So this guy in Springfield - on one hand yes, stupid AF, but on the other, maybe he was just trying to point out that we shouldn't be "afraid" of guns. IF more people were more accepting of guns the way we used to be (rifles in truck windows and the like) then more people would be carrying and there wouldn't be so many soft targets. Remember when all those guys loaded up their AR's and started "guarding" military recruiting stations? Or what about the guys that protected businesses during the LA riots or the Ferguson riots?

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula