1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Jaketheone46, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Absolutely!
    But that doesn't change the fact that the track, too, makes you a more proficient rider. Not everyone goes to the track to break some records.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

This is where you're 100% wrong.

If a guy or girl goes and does a few track days, that is not the end goal. And you say going to a track doesn't make you a better street rider, improving your skill does. So, what is the goal of a rookie trackday rider? If he isn't a complete idiot it's to have fun and improve skills that can't, or shouldn't, be improved on the street necessarily. At the very least if going and doing a trackday makes you push it less on the street, that in itself makes you a better street rider. Being a good street rider has a lot to do with riding responsibly, which that in itself is a measurable skill. In my opinion, doing trackdays, let alone racing, absolutely improves a persons street skills which in large part requires safety awareness.

BigBird and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

TD definitely made me a better and more aware street rider, even though I'm a slow TD rider, but I'm no CR

condon66, Ra.Ge. Raptor and ducnut like this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think these two assumptions are only facts for some people some of the time. The first is only true for actual races and for racers that are running at the pointy end. For everybody else there are circumstantial factors which will change their level of commitment at any given time, i.e. working on specific techniques, lines tuning, etc. during practice or even during a race.
    I think that for some street riders, it is a race to them and they ignore reasonable safety measures to cover the distance in the shortest amount of time. Their ambition might exceed their skillset at times.
    In general, I believe track time will improve the skill of riders. Exceeding prudent limitations on either the street or the track is fairly stupid, but those limits are not the same, depending on circumstances and conditions.

Gorilla George and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  5. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Did you even read the thread?? Where did I ask for any advice on how to race the streets?? Your post is so far from what actually happened wow!!

6. Jaketheone46

Oh boy he’s angry!!!

7. Jaketheone46

No doubt and the ONLY people here talking about being all fast is track guys, freaking hilarious. If you read this thread you will see I never tried to portray I was fast in any way. Some of these guys are freaking hilarious man wow.

8. Jaketheone46

With the way some of these ass holes act I can honestly say I definitely have lost the interest I had in coming to the track. And seriously not at all but hurt just have no interest in Associating with some of these high horse take it to the track ass hats,, i never said anything about riding like a idiot on the streets.

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Yes, all the times that I'm making my rear tire slide on the exit of corners is when I'm just slowing cruising around.

condon66, BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  10. Jaketheone46

Depends on if I’m on a track or not. Never would exceed the speed limit otherwise. Lol

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Oh boy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No high-horse about it, man. It’s just a different world on track and one gains a different perspective with track experience. You’re letting perception get the best of you. These are all good guys just :Poke:you. As I posted way back, buy some leathers, join STT, and come on out. The more dates you do, the more experience you gain, the more understanding and integrated you’ll become.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  13. Jaketheone46

There is a shitload of followers on this forum, to the point where You can come on here and ask for info on tires and hear a bunch of take it to the track bull shit..
    Freaking hilarious.I’m just going to go ahead and throw it out there yea sometimes I ride like a fucking idiot on the street. But I never portrayed this and still all the ball busting followers came rolling out of the woodwork.

14. Jaketheone46

I’m just referring to the ones that dreamed up this crap about me portraying I ride all fast on the street. I’ve read enough on this forum to know better than to come here acting like a clown and the followers still came out of the woodwork. A lot of it was having fun then some of it was total fictional bull shit drama.

15. Jaketheone46

Prime example right here total fucking fiction!! Wow I’ll promise you one thing Big Bird you’ll NEVER see me ask anyone about how to race, or go fast on the streets. You ma’am are full of drama. Try actually Reading the fucking thread.

16. Jaketheone46

Wow so giving it some throttle out of a corner is claiming I’m all fast and out of control on the streets?? Hilarious but at least you actually read the post.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'll Papa you tomorrow, sleep easy Street racer

Sent from my smatrfone

18. Jaketheone46

I can honestly say that there is nothing in this world that would be as fun as getting to ride on the track, the only thing that would suck is the limited sessions. Lol I’d want to go out there and run till I needed fuel. Lol it would be an amazing experience for sure. I have a trackday to attend at the corvette museum track whenever I get the time. I’ve not even seen it yet but am hoping it’s a decent track.

19. Jaketheone46

Ok big bird I’ll be waiting for ya.I’d still love to hear any actual helpful info from anyone that wants to actually help contribute to the topic.

20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Seems like two opposite statements in 6 minutes, which is it?

I don't really care either way, I ride fast on the street and also these guys are right about the track, it's well worth it.

BigBird likes this.