1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ulster Grand Prix | August 5-10, 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

One tuff sumbitch.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

5. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

6. MD is smart enough to know when the pains too much, not smart enough to hang it up but knows when he can’t ride and pains too much to focus. I hate it for him, he’s been through hell and back and this is all he knows. He’s already planning for the TT so he’s not packing it in anytime soon.
    Hickman is on another level and going well on short circuits too. He’s turned into one of the best overall riders I can remember over at least the past decade??

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Alastair Seeley is the only one I can think of with success in both at the Supersport level. Peter is unbelievably fast. But watching him ride is not as terrifying as say Hillier who seems to be on the ragged edge. Hicky is deceptively fast.

zrx12man likes this.
  8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Peter Hickman has brought the title of the Worlds Fastest Road Race back to the Ulster Grand Prix with a lap of 136.415 mph

IMG_20190809_081217.jpg

Newyork, 5axis, MELK-MAN and 2 others like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Now he has the record at the TT and the Ulster. BMW must be pleased :D

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Alastair doesn't seem to have the sack to do the TT or Ulster. I don't understand why, the way he goes a the NW200 means he CAN ride roads fast.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He doesn't do any the other Irish rounds either. I guess he makes decent coin off the NW200 and BSB he doesn't want to risk it?

Michael Rutter does decent on short circuits. For a being a hefty lad. :D

stk0308 likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

fukin mental... ! :eek:

seroj likes this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The weather is supposed to be pretty bad tomorrow so I wouldn't be surprised if there is considerable disruption to the programme because if it.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I nearly shat myself. These guys are completely insane.

16. But Hickman’s actually a nice guy, Seelys a dick so Hickman wins :)

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Man, he really picks up on the throttle hard and early, and I’m trying to look down track and all I can see is a wall and trees in the way. Yikes!

18. Hard to imagine, I’m not sure how he’s always so nice and polite as it must be a real pain to walk around with balls that big.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

7 out of 7 for Hickey! 5 in one day. And the outright lap record. Damn, that's some strong work.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fresh off top 5 and a podium at Thruxton BSB. The man is not of this world.

stk0308 likes this.