1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Recruiters...Anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Mar 22, 2019.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Well after a 4 Month vacation I landed a new Gig I was working on the last couple of Months. After thinking about how much I honestly hated Project Management I steered back towards Sales. While doing so I was working on nailing down a Full time job with MarineMax here on Lake Lanier. They gave me a verbal on a Sales position which involved working weekends which I wouldn’t mind. That position was pretty much straight commission. When I went in today for the details I was informed that their head Service Writer retired and the GM wanted to utilize my Management and retention skills and replace him. He threw some icing on the cake and told me he will be working out a way to add Sales and commission on top of it for sales on the side as well. We hit it off the last couple of Months and this was the longest hiring process I ever went through in my 52 years. 5 Interviews, 3 assessments and a caliper test. It was worth the wait and anxiety of unemployment and I am finally in a Job field I have a passion for. MarineMax is the largest boat distributor in the World with over 77 locations and they are publicly traded. I look forward to working again that’s for sure...

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Congrats bud, told you there was life after the Death Star. Caliper test? They measure the distance between your temples or something? :D

TLR67 likes this.
  3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Congrats!!

And ... you’re old. :D

TLR67 likes this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Congrats Marc!

TLR67 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nahh... it was like this...

Bob is driving 45 mph and goes 8 miles.

What color is his Hair?

F$$&d up shit...

The.Johnner, Phl218 and raven433 like this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

This is I could think of.

[​IMG]

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It’s what it felt like with all 180 questions...

Phl218 likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It would depend on whether he was approaching you at 45mph or going away from you.

TLR67 likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Congratulations!!!!

TLR67 likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Congrats Marc, now you can buy more TLR's. :D

TLR67 and Phl218 like this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Congrats. Did you ask what the employee discount is on the first interview or save it for #3???

:D

TLR67 and Phl218 like this.
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Absolute best job I ever had was after I retired and went back as a contractor. Didn't have to supervise anyone, just get the shit done. No cover your ass meetings that the regular guys had to go to. Worked mostly with other contractors who also just wanted to get er done. 4 years of that and I was sitting pretty. Worked 3 days a week, every weekend was a 4 day weekend! Started out with 1 project ended up managing 8 projects...still only working 3 days a week.

Shenanigans and TLR67 like this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Congrats after all that sweating.

TLR67 likes this.
  15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Doppler shift!

TLR67 likes this.
  16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Congrats Marc!!

TLR67 likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

Awesome, great to hear.

I can see you kicking ass at a job like that, that seems right up your alley. Just don't tell too many dirty jokes. :crackup:

TLR67 likes this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So there are 3 Nuns on a Pontoon boat....

418 and Phl218 like this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The punchline is;
    $5, same as downtown.

TLR67 likes this.
  20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Good news to hear Marc. :beer:

TLR67 likes this.