1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernie is on JRE

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think Bernie is a true believer to the point he cannot see how his life isn't the same as those he's trying to tell what to do and he can't see how his plans are truly impossible. He's been chanting the same shit for so long he can't see/believe anything else. Upside to that is he'll never vary from those beliefs so he'll never be electable, they only appeal to a small demographic of kids too stupid to know better.

Unlike a lot of the others who are saying whatever they think will work to get them the power they want.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His wife is much better at it.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you fought for it as hard as you fight for guns, things might be different. Like you said, the officials are elected.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Me personally, or the American people? Guns have almost as strong as a lobby as healthcare. "Elected" is a formality. I'm sure you've seen the Douche vs Turd Sandwich episode of South Park, right?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Americans in general. It's a choice you made as a society. Those other countries also make societal choices that have consequences that they bitch about all the time. That's just how it goes. You have to decide which choices are your highest priorities.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think it's as much of a choice as a progression of ideals. The "choices" were made years ago and set a fairly predictable chain of events/realities in motion. You have to keep in mind, while the US is considered a young country, I believe we're operating one of the oldest continuously run government systems in the western world. Most of Europe has "reorganized" things a time or five since we got started.

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I was hoping Joe would challenge him on some of his bullshit, he's pretty good at doing that on both sides when he wants to. The minimum wage part would have been especially easy.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How much time have you spent actually looking at
    how "free" healthcare works in places where it has
    been in place for a while?
    I've spent quite a bit so no, not a canned response.
    Check out how it actually works in GB compared
    to how it supposedly works. Their hospital system
    is running on borrowed time.
    The same cancers that have become more survivable
    in the US have become less survivable in GB.
    A lot of people die while waiting for treatment
    due to a lack of funds.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not during an election cycle though. No way Bernie would have agreed to come on there if it was going to be the type of three hour no-holds-barred type of discussion Joe is so good at.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It doesn't mean that what we're doing is right. There is a better way, a way to balance cost, profit, need, and innovation. For everyone that dies in GB waiting for treatment, there are people that die here from receiving the wrong kind of treatment or from misdiagnosis due to the doctor not having the time or desire to help them properly due to the need to turn a profit. More than anything though, it's a cultural issue. Our culture is to "me" focused, so instead of having people who will dedicate their lives to helping others, we have a bunch of people who are only concerned about helping themselves (as in, how much money can I make while doing the least amount of work, and who cares about the people I can help or save as long as I get paid).

I'd be more interested in how healthcare works in Japan or South Korea than in how it works in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_system_in_Japan

11. In Your Corner

Japan's buckling health care system at a crossroads

For decades, insurance coverage and prices have been set by Chuo Shakai Hoken Iryo Kyogi Kai (the Central Social Insurance Medical Council), better known as Chuikyo, set up under the health ministry. Made up mostly of industry representatives including the JMA, drug industry groups and insurers’ associations, Chuikyo reviews the prices for all medical procedures and drugs available in Japan every two years, and generally works to lower prices for older ones. The government wants to introduce a yearly review from fiscal 2018 to further rein in costs.

But the downside of this long-running system is that, while the government controls the cost of medical goods and services, it doesn’t control the volume of services provided, Tsugawa said. This has fostered a culture in Japan of patients seeking more care than necessary because access is unlimited, he explained.

This high demand serves the interests of hospitals and clinics, who need to increase the amount of services available to make up for the narrowing profit margins resulting from Chuikyo’s price cuts, he said.

This explains why doctors in Japan are always busy, handling dozens of patients daily and sparing little time to communicate with them. It also explains why tests are so commonplace at clinics and hospitals.

“What this cycle of price cuts has caused over the past 50 years is that, Japan has the highest number of MRIs and CT scanners (per 1 million people) in the world and three times more outpatient visits than in the U.S., and the length of hospital stays in Japan is three times longer than in the U.S.,” Tsugawa said. “The sheer volume of medical services consumed in Japan is huge.”

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How long did you have to search for a negative article? I see no reason that physicians could not turn away patients that were obviously abusing the system, “No Karen, it’s just a headache from drinking too much red wine, you don’t need an MRI”. Just the opposite happens here. Karen shows up with a migraine and as soon as she presents proof of insurance, the clinic sees dollar signs.

13. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

ME focused hahahahahahaha…….

this coming from the guy who only wants others to give cause it will benefit him. (college loan and mortgage crisis)

You gotta learn to discern the difference between charity and slavery.

Seriously , from reading your posts you sound like you think you're the smartest motherfucker in the room. All the rest of us are just spouting rhetoric lol.

I'm a 45 year old diabetic I've been one since I was 7 . No degree, solidly what one would call middle class I suppose. I've donated more time and energy to causes that I deem important than you could imagine.

Some of us are ok with living with the decisions we made in life without becoming a burden on the rest of society but, obviously there is growing portion of this society that isn't.

I'll gladly watch someone who thinks they deserve the fruits of my life suffer. I'll gladly give time and money to the things I find important without trying to steal yours

TurboBlew, Jeff McKinney and auminer like this.
  14. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

sure that will happen lol,
    It'll be controlled by the government. Which means it will be just like the school systems. No way in hell a politician will back a policy that will alienate a possible voter.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why the fuck do assholes like you have to always come along and try to make these things personal? If you have to do that, you don’t have a fucking argument so GTFO.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Is strict price control another phrasing for rationing of healthcare? UK will not provide life saving cystic fibrosis meds for children due to cost. Under Bernies bill, putting price controls is the same as putting a gun to the doctors head and forcing them to work.

Healthcare is a commodity and not a right.

Dragginass and pickled egg like this.
  17. In Your Corner

So you don't refute anything, you just duck the facts.
    It took me 15 seconds to find that.

Japan's health care is far from free, and ballooning costs could mean higher premiums

Health care in Japan Not all smiles

What strikes me about what the search turned up
    is that all the negative reports are from Japanese
    sources, US media seems to have nothing bad to say.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We never talk about Japan over here. It’s always Canada or Europe. And I’m not ducking facts. It seems like they have a legitimate issue, but it’s not that hard to fix, and it’s not even remotely as bad as the issues we’re facing here.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just so you’re aware, doctors aren’t the issue. The problem in the US isn’t the practice of medicine, it’s the BUSINESS of medicine. More often than not, they are at odds and because of the power of the $$$, the business side usually wins.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What are the bad issues we're facing here - well, lets go with what were they prior to Obamacare putting insurance out of reach for a number of people?