1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suits & dress clothes

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Suits are for funerals and weddings....mine sit in a bag in the closet for years. The joys of being retired! When I first started working as an entry engineer we had to wear suits, white shirts, ties, the whole rig. It was tough to do while making $10k a year. So my wife made my first suit...talk about custom! It's funny now, not so much back then.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Nothing says class like a nice leisure suit or a bright red track suit!

I intended to mention Jos A Bank and 2 hrs from Chicago or Indy opens up a lot of options really. Is the Peoria area closer? Maybe something locally there?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

LOL! I was joking about brown shoes, they will work as long as you match the belt. I just prefer black lace ups over brown.

Socks - match them to the suit color wise, for now. You can go crazy with them after you have the job.

BigBird likes this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Macys actually normally has a good selection of suits. They have sales all the time. .

5. Don't buy suits online unless you've already been measured and established a relationship where the maker is following a previous set of tailoring instructions.

A <$500 suit that is properly tailored for you will look better than a >$2000 suit that doesn't fit quite right.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Check lead times on custom made suits. My wife just had a jacket made. it took three months from 1st fitting till finished. Now that is 100% custom, just adjusting an existing suit can be done pretty quickly.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Preach it my brother

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Take a flight to Thailand. Custom made. Cheap.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not as cheap as you think but much cheaper than full custom in the US. Yeah, you can still get the suit with 75 shirts for $99 but you will look like you spent $ 99 on a suit and 75 shirts. A well made with Italian fabric hand made will cost you $800 and up but the same suit here would cost you double or triple.

BigBird likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like it. But my body type does not do horizontal stripes well.

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

This thread reads like a Men Fitness Magazine ad. Or the equivalent to you NEED a diesel dually to pull an open 5x8 :rock:

Phl218 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m all for looking nice, but I don’t get this ultra high dollar wardrobe fascination some men have. Drape a thousand dollar suit over an out of shape, lazy guy with a bad attitude, and you still have an out of shape, lazy guy with a bad attitude.

I’m more impressed by someone who has the dedication to be fit, motivated, and positive.

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Was thinking of that episode yesterday while discussing this topic...

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So you're saying I need to spend more on the suit and watch????

Funkm05 and Phl218 like this.
  16. speedluvn

So if I am to understand you correctly, from a previous post, your avatar is killer? All this time I thought he was a member of the Village People.

17. speedluvn

What if his heredity doesn't allow for that? Its too early to think about but you're displaying some kind of -ism. :Putter:

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What heredity makes you a fat lazy asshole?:Poke:

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You don’t know who Chopper is, yet you wish to be some sort of authority on the worthiness of men?

Harden the fuck up!

ChemGuy likes this.
  20. speedluvn

complacency ;)

So are you sure he's not the dude in leather from the Village People?