1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire help

Discussion in 'General' started by sk8rat, Aug 4, 2019.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

OP still hasn’t offered an explanation as to how his bike caught on fire.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Was he also cited for no insurance on this motor vehicle?

If the OP wants to PM me his address, I'll be happy to send him a box of condoms because I'm pretty sure he's fucked...and I wants him to at least be covered for this part of it all.

3. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

No doubt, how can you start a thread on a motorcycle forum saying your bike burned to a crisp without giving us any details??
    As for not admitting anything if it was my fault I would have no problem taking responsibility and sure would hope whoever burned my shit up would do the same.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I don’t think that’s a good way to look at it. She left her stove on all day which will burn down your house (who knew?). That makes her liable therefor she needs insurance to cover it or she has to pay. My insurance paid me and then built a case for her liability and sued (see subrogation mentioned earlier in this thread). My opinion is that liability is always the most important part of any insurance issue.

5. lazlo

lazlo Stand up guy who corners low.

I think all of you are looking at this wrong, including the OP. The car caught on fire first, then caught the bike on fire. Car owner owes you a new bike.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

By lack of response from OP I'm guessing a 10 minute smoking burnout induced engine failure caused the fire?

7. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Since no response, I'm guessing he lit it on fire because he was pissed at an airline.

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Was he bouncing it off the red limiter though? That might make a difference

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  9. Unless his is different that all the others, homeowners won’t cover it.

I forget the exact wording, but it goes something along the lines of “if is a vehicle powered by an engine, it must have its own policy”.

10. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

I was in the process of finishing up my auto blipper and was about to pull my tank off. Went to go inside and grab something and it ignited.

Attached Files:

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Holy shit! That's crazy and looks like a very expensive mistake when you include the bike. I still don't understand how it started on fire, do you know what caused it? I've never heard of that happening.

12. Shoulda taken it to Livengood or Robby-Bobby and let then do that shit. They have never set any of my bikes on fire. :)

Phl218 likes this.
  13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

There’s no way @Robby-Bobby hasn’t set a bike on fire. :D

wookie, MachineR1, stk0308 and 10 others like this.
  14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Did you install the blipper immediately right after a long ride?

15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Best option is for you........

ugh......

well.........

you could.........

maybe.......

you're fucked.

16. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

Me either honestly thinking in some crazy way something sparked, I did also have my gas cap off

17. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

No it was first thing in the morning, it's been on my bike for about a week I was just redoing the warmup and thee wire that activates the auto blip

18. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

Is that your extension cord and what's on the end of it?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn.
    I would find out who PG&E uses for their bankruptcy case. And hire those guys cause that's your cheapest option.

Get sued by people/ insurance and then file bankruptcy. I hope you dont have much in assets...

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

you really should be securing a lawyer. and delete this thread lol