1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Paso Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Sooo, the lives of those black folks aren't important enough to matter. Only white folks getting shot up at the mall get people riled up enough to change gun laws?

Hyperbole, yes. But I am trying to make a point. Chicago has the strictest (or some of) gun laws in the country. No one (media) seems to really care when those laws continually fail, miserably.

Also, what does anyone define as "mass shooting"? Lots of those inner city shootings are drive by where multiple people, usually innocent, are hit.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Several Govt Agencies have massaged the "mass shooting" meaning to fit different narratives and agendas over the last two decades... it alters the study numbers for many reasons.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My definition of "mass shooting" is the intent to kill/maim multiple persons for no reason other than to kill them to make some sort of point.

While I'm sure there is collateral damage in Chicago shootings, I'm going to go out on a fairly sturdy limb and say that there was a main target in the overwhelming majority of those shootings (more than likely, an opposing gang member) and the collateral damage is/was just that (collateral damage).

50Joe likes this.
  4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Sick and tired of hearing about that they're mentally ill etc. They're racist right wing trump supporters that feel embolden by what bone spurs says. According to the FBI hate crimes are through the roof but but trump says nothing. Meanwhile, ANTIFA knocks over a trash can and some want them listed as a terrorist group.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

They're only terrorists if they're brown, dude. If you're a white guy, you're mentally ill ;)

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Someone is trying REAL hard to stir the shit! :crackup:

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And failing...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree they are different than your normal criminal behavior. Terrorism - to an extent but not in a manner that can be fought like the organized stuff.

9. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

We have to include Baltimore and peoples republic of Marylandistan, some of the most strictest gun laws in the US and month of July murder score in Baltimore was 38. Two diferent things but just thought that number would make like 3 mass murders (I know, I know don't start...) did anyone talk about that, how many whites and how many blacks were victims, what percentage of "legally" obtained weapons were used in these murders...
    This shit is fucked on so many levels and for our smart Democrats solution is to take guns away from law obeying citizens!:confused:

britx303 likes this.
  10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And don't forget you can attack white people just for being white and you will not get hate crime charges brought up on you in Maryland. Nothing like striving for equality with nothing but inequality. Ahhhhh good ol' maryland where we've even been taxed for the rain:crackup:

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Serious question, if they are one that precludes them from being the other?

If so, I disagree with that assertion.

EDIT - I’m pretty sure Hitler was pretty far to the right on the political spectrum and nuttier than a fruitcake.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

And What exactly were "they" when Bush and Obama were POTUS smartguy?

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

aaronson likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Maybe it's just me but if your biggest worry is getting your wallet stolen, you're probably ahead of the guy who is hoping not to get shot while out tasting garlic.
    Come on, man. You've spent too much time in here hanging with statisticians saying brilliant shit like "but if you don't count large US cities, the US is safer and than Europe." Unless you're trying to shoot yourself in the foot (I heard it as soon as I wrote it), you don't want to compare the numbers, even accounting for that three-year stretch of ISIS attacks.
    Isn't that the first step on that slippery slope y'all are so militant about protecting yourselves from?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  16. SnacktimeKC

Again, hate crimes are through the roof under bone spurs. I don’t recall a right wing terrorist under Obama or Bush who’s manifesto in large part agreed with them.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I limit my time in public spaces because I don't like the general public. I don't go on to worry about which ones are crazy, armed or out to get me.

18. SnacktimeKC

Depends on if you think all terrorists are nuts, I don’t. I think a lot of them are firm in their beliefs and should be thrown in a cage to rot.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Again you are relying on spoon fed dribble of the left Media telling you what they are/were.. Mass Shooters.. was what they called them...are you ignoring the other media pointing to the social media scrubs going on when these things happen..and a narrative being pushed instead perpetuating the hate, to fit the agenda.

20. SnacktimeKC

LAUGHING, oh gosh I’m a victim of the left wing media. Come on man, stop with this Q anon conspiracy theory bullshit already. It’s getting really old.