1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Paso Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Aug 3, 2019.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Facts don't matter to the sensitive feeler crowd. Europe has much higher violent crime rates compared to the US. And our violent crime rates and crimes committed using guns has plummeted over the past 20 years by almost 50%. Use the FBI crime stats and the CDC website and get the real numbers, do not trust the media.

ducnut likes this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Random crazy people with guns are relatively rare and unpredictable. Confiscation of privately held firearms by ever more powerful central governments seems almost inevitable, historically speaking. The odds of having your right to bear arms curtailed are much higher than your odds of meeting a lunatic with a gun. The latter could become even more rare if we focused on removing the actor, and not the tool, from open society.

Britt and Photo like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I know, but it’s those strict gun laws that keep people safe from deranged people in box trucks from driving into crowds of people. Duh. Everyone is safe to leave from the comforts of their homes when there are no more guns. No more guns equal to no more killing and death. It will be total sunshine and lollipops like Europe :crackup:

ducnut, aaronson, XFBO and 1 other person like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ooh! Ooh!

Can I play?

Question one: not any of your damn business
    Question two: not any of your damn business
    Question three: not any of your damn business

What do I win? :D

blkduc likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It doesn’t change the point. Israel’s level of control is possible via their small size, homogeneous culture, and significant concern of outside threats. That isn’t possible here.

While I’d prefer no gun laws whatsoever, I know that’s not possible. What I’d like to see is a recognized path to train citizens to be highly proficient with their firearms, then once attained, let them own whatever they want and carry it everywhere. Because the honest truth is that a good percentage of the people out there carrying are fucking idiots who have no business wielding a cap-gun, let alone a real firearm.

shakazulu12 and ducnut like this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

El Paso shooter both a progressive AND a white nationalist.

Media badly confused that humans might be more complex than their simple labeling system.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Aren’t you a cop? (Or do I have you confused with someone else?)

Where are you going with this line of questioning?

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s odd. From what I’ve gathered, street crime is so prevalent in most of Europe that people just assume that they’re going to get their stuff stolen.

And don’t forget things like the Hebdo attack.

ducnut likes this.
  9. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

How hard is to understand that if you have person/s with mental history or not and determination to harm people banning weapons will not prevent that! Perfect example is dirtbag with semi in Europe...
    old saying when there is will there is way.
    I am tired of these new wannabe politicians exploiting this for their political benefit and tired of dumb motherfuckers who drinking their political bulshit koolaid!

XFBO and Britt like this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Funny because you could travel all over Huntsville the exact same way and I am sure many other cities. When I go to Nashville I don't have an urge to toss on some kevlar. I suggest you turn off the news, it is making you paranoid.

jdaniel and ducnut like this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Amazing. You went on vacation and did alot of walking, much like everybody does when they go on vacation.

britx303 likes this.
  13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

CNN had a bunch of tweets from Democrats.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The true meaning of “well-regulated” and “shall not be infringed”. The US of A should be educating and arming its Citizens with our surplus.

15. britx303

Never underestimate the power of false sense of security:D

dtalbott likes this.
  16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, what "Legislation" will top Murder being Illegal >>?? Not trying to be a dik...you can NOT legislate evil out of existence.

I find it odd, we know everything there is including some shit that isn't even close to true about TX shooter, and not even a name of the OH shooter.

ducnut, XFBO and dtalbott like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m not in a place to search for the source, but “well regulated” didn’t have the same meaning back then as it does now. Now we regard it as something with tight control by a regulating body of some sort (the government). Back then it meant something more along the lines of “an individual with his shit together”.

ducnut and dtalbott like this.
  18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

In the US, it really depends on where you live. I never owned a gun growing up and spending a portion of my adult life in NY. It was a pain to own there but also the police were only minutes away (at most). Gun violence where I lived hardly ever happened so the desire to own wasn't there and didn't feel necessary.

I've been in SC for over a few decades now. Police may be 20 or 30 minutes away. Most people own firearms here and gun violence happens somewhere in the state almost daily. So yea, I think about it once in awhile and I too became a firearms owner. The decision for me boiled down to fight fire with fire if it comes to that. I believe in all the Amendments currently in the US Constitution. But, should weapons specifically designed for war to kill people be available for purchase to all? Those that want access to all weapons because they think one day they may need to rise up against our government is an absolute joke. The government will always have way more quantity, more powerful, more advanced tools to kill people than a single individual ever will. We already have a police state and we are no longer a free society. 9/11 accelerated that slide to Big Brotherism big time.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Could someone confirm that there are current laws in place that make shooting and or killing other people illegal?
    If so, if these laws are not currently being followed by a very minuet level of people, please explain why these same people will suddenly start obeying gun control laws?

BHP41 likes this.
  20. britx303

Because motorkas went for a 50 mile walk in Europe and proved it.:D

BHP41 and auminer like this.