1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Escape Door Replacement 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 30, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

The kids nanny car got hit front of the house and she has a 2013 Ford Escape, which I was hoping would catch fire so she could get something else. But unfortunately, it was just the front driver door.

I've seen a door assembly for sale at car- part, but was wondering if the wiring harness easily disconnects or is it a cut and splice job at the door jamb.

Any help appreciated. Rather not go through the entire insurance process and get her car decent again.

Sent from my smatrfone

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Ahem... picts of said nanny....

:rtfrb:

ducnut, ChemGuy and BigBird like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

She has a awesome personality, and takes great care of the kids and is older than me.

Sent from my smatrfone

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Wiring should disconnect inside a pilar usually, if not u undo all wiring and feed it back through door inlet.

BigBird likes this.
  6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

It has a connector where it goes into the A pillar.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

from past experience, the dismantler's will cut the harness at the door, pillar area. you may have to utilize your harness at the connections. your results may vary. Ski

BigBird likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Thanks for the confirming the personality but this here beeb needs Pictures of said nanny. Is she a MILF? PAWG? Either way, pictures please :clap:

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If she has false teeth...that could be an after hours perk. ;)

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

If you splice just dont splice where the harness bends because it's just going to break in short order. Splice in a section of wire where it bends, will last much longer.

BigBird and turner38 like this.
  12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Pacifica...that's the only correct answer.