1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new brake rotor straightener, surfacer found

Discussion in 'General' started by skidooboy, Jul 29, 2019.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

for my floaters it was 130.00 round trip. for example, oem rotors from kaw are 392.58 EACH. even braking sbk wave rotors with my discount were 235.00 EACH. i thought about it, gave it a shot. they have specs for a reason, mine are in spec, and no pulsation. if it gets me another season or maybe two... IT WAS WORTH IT, TO ME. if they start to pulsate, or are noticeably worse for braking power, i will buy new at that time.

YOUR results, may vary.

Ski

KneeDragger_c69 and gixxerboy55 like this.
  2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

How the heck do you wear rotors out anyways? I have almost 88,000 miles on my F4i's rotors and they've never warped or worn out. Granted its a street bike but its done a few tracks in its life as well and I practice lock the wheels up braking at almost every light. My track 600RR has almost 20k with oem rotors no problemo too.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You're probably aware Eric, but you can get a rotor hone that plugs into a cordless drill - if you're interested in just doing that. Works great and fairly quick to do.

4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

i have one, and have used it in the past. this particular set of rotors had run out significant enough, to cause severe pulsation. it was worth the trip to true disk. Ski

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not even remotely the same.