1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on the Kia Telluride

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Jul 24, 2019.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Chrysler and drive nice should never exist in the same sentence

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Cool concept, shite execution, worse engine. Less than 300 miles to a tank was painful coming from a diesel Touareg at nearly 600 to a tank. Friend who works at VW corporate said it was the worst new vehicle launch for the company, ever.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is true, but actually the Chrysler minivan is the best driving in the class. Numerous reviews say the same

Sent from my smatrfone

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Tellurider to wear some comfortable shoes.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

have 2014 subaru crosstrek, 105,000 miles no cvt issues at all. depends on how you drive, and what you do with it. the crosstrek only has 1000 pound towing capacity but, i see A LOT of those cars with larger loads in, on, and being pulled by a crosstrek. abuse, results in failure. your results may vary. Ski

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not yet.

When a dude is battling Subaru, because his elderly mother’s Subaru CVT took a dump at ~100K, along with all the other average pissed off people whose CVT took a dump a just over 100K, it’s very telling. Hang around Subaru pages and you’ll see. It gets Nissan owners around the same mileage, too.

Don’t put your head in the sand, just because it hasn’t happened to you. That’d be like owning a 90’s Honda motorcycle and thinking the R/R isn’t going to burn you, because it hadn’t happened, yet. It will.

Dragginass likes this.
  7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I've had a couple rentals and they always seemed very cheaply made. Plus the dealers are closer to buy here/pay here lots around here makes it hard for me to take them seriously.

8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I've been using Hyundai's and Genesis vehicles in my fleet since 2014. They've been great value so far. Dealership service has sucked though. Saw this thread last night and looked into the Telluride. It looks the business.

9. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

My son bought one.
    Has 600 miles on it.
    Been in the shop for a month because they can’t figure out what’s wrong with the transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

sounds close to lemon law territory.

good bang for the buck and motor vehicles rarely go together. more of you get what you paid for.

ducnut likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

It’s thirty days in Michigan at which point you can oblige the OEM to buy the car back. If he’s having doubts about keeping it, he should start he process now.

If he’s lucky, at the least, he may be able to get some pain relief cash out of KIA. That’s how it worked for me; sorry your Atlas sucked, here’s a few grand in addition to your buyback for you to use on an VW/Audi purchase.

Of note, if he bought an extended warranty through the dealer, get that cancelled and refunded right away as the prorate schedule on that is pretty steep.

ducnut likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Atlas? Good to know, thanks! :up:

13. Resident Plarp

It had a sunroof leak. Kiddo noticed it when rolling through the carwash after less than two months driving. Spent 26 days in service, VW corporate came to look at it there and replaced the entire roof assembly. Was told by corporate care to go to a different car wash because the overhead sprayers were too powerful at the most convenient location for me. Yeah, get cancer.

Two days after the repair, the leak returned. Called corporate care, brought the car back in for service. Another two weeks of it sitting there, a buyback was arranged. Got a Q7 instead.

I will say that the Tiguan we had as a loaner and put 3000 miles on was a fun little car, albeit, too small for our needs. I still miss my diesel Touareg. That was the best car I’ve ever owned.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was half looking for a Toe-rag or previous body Q7 diesel for a mileage pig. They seem to come in to the dealership as a trade and are gone within hours.

15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Why not look at the Durango GT.
    Option to get the V6 or V8 and the milage of the V6 is respectful.
    3 rows (6 or 7 passengers) all the bells and wisels if you choose to...
    Drives super smooth (the Hemi anyway)

And both engines pulls over 7000lbs

Food for thought ! ;)

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's fairly small inside if you use 3 rows.

ducnut likes this.
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Ain't that the truth. Schreyer turned the company around, design wise. KIA vehicles are now absolutely gorgeous because of him. The Koreans solved a problem that's been haunting the Japanese for decades when they inked their contract with him. It's rather easy to understand that the Europeans have the best designs, especially the VAG, so hiring him was just the most logical thing to do. I wonder why the Japs could never figure it out and keep pumping out awful looking models year after year...

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

People buy the japanese cars in huge numbers even if they are as boring as a fathers day hand job.

sharkattack likes this.
  19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You freaking slay me, dude ! :crackup:

People buy the Japanese cars because of build quality, which is still second to none imho. But the Koreans are getting there.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know anymore, Honder cars are not as hammer reliable as they used to be. Nissans seem to be shit.

Toyota, well, ABC comedy boring but as predictable. The Camry you buy today will be as reliable as the one you bought in the 90s.

BigBird likes this.