1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on the Kia Telluride

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Jul 24, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

So are more Germans buying more KIAs or is KIA taking away sales from German marques, or both?

2. Yes.

BigBird likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Phl218 likes this.
  4. What does he know? He lives in South Carolina and drives a huge diesel truck, just like everyone else there :)

When in Rome, do what the Romans do. And soforth and so on...

Speaking of which, what big diesel truck are you buying? :Poke:

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's been a year or two since I was last over but the region of Germany I go to is ruled by the Audi A3. 3 doors and 5 doors. Yeah, Golfs, french cars, Dusters, some A6 and A4 wagons but the A3 rules.

Except they seem to be obsessed with Ram pick ups last time I was over. There was more and more each time. No Fords and an occasional amarok but they seemed to like the Rams.

6. Not at all where I am. The only people driving US trucks are the US soldiers.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, the Rams seem to more towards the Black Forrest but more than a few up towards Munich.

and yeah, thinking about it, more and more Kias and Hyundais. way more than japanese cars.

8. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I was over in Holland for work last year, and the car service that took me back to the airport at middle of the night o'clock was a guy whose day job was importing and selling high end American SUV's and pickups (our airport ride was a fully loaded Sierra they had just brought over from Dubai for half the cost of bringing it out of the states). He said that the Ram pickups were their best sellers because they were the cheapest. Their customers loved the Raptors but the price was about 50% more than the Ram. Crazy business.

Oh, and the truck we were in had all the warning stickers and engravings on the mirrors in Arabic. Interesting way to read "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

60K on the CVT is why we're getting rid of the Quest.

I appreciate all the replies!

ducnut likes this.
  10. Ironic, as convex side mirrors are illegal here,

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder if the Sierra started off here :D

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

maybe it says "Objects in mirror are exactly as they appear"

Phl218 and masshole like this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hyundai/Kia has been poaching top German talent away from MBZ, Audi, etc for several years now. They are very serious about dominating.

ducnut likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

i might buy a KIA. their chef designer's last name sounds like mine.

and a korean vehicle is way better than a BMW made in SC.

i keep driving my RAM til the pump fails or something else, then i will switch over to my '75 mercedes or 1990 porsche....
    those were real cars.

but for wife, kid and dog, something like a telluride or the explorer / aviator is appealing...

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Peter Schreyer has had a major impact on how those cages look today. right direction IMHO

cha0s#242 and ducnut like this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Exactly who I was thinking, when “motion” commented. That dude has his stuff together.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The wife’s 16 Sorento SXL is one of the nicest vehicles we have owned. It is a shitton of vehicle for the money. Smooth, quiet, tons of features, and the interior is very nice. Has 3rd row seating but only kids and Dave K would fit back there. Yes it has the new nannies, but you can turn them off. The only one I turn off when I drive it is the lane departure, it is annoying as fock.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

When the driving Dynamics improve and they get a real logo, until then Mazdas and T&C/Pacifica and VW GTI/R for me

Sent from my smatrfone

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought it drove pretty terrible, especially compared to say a CX-9 or even a MDX. Cayenne Turbo is pretty good too.

I really could care less about bells and whistles, and more about how the thing behaves on the road.

Sent from my smatrfone

bored&stroked likes this.
  20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Drives better than any POS T&C/Pacifica I have been in. :moon:

brex likes this.