1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a dead dog dilemma.

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Jul 23, 2019.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Appreciate your love for your animal.... dont let it come into my yard and get dead. Simple really. You love your animal... I love my son. Your dog will lose everytime.

I will say if the dog in question is a small ankle biter it will be loved on and the owner tried to be found. I'm tired of fucking pitbulls and the like just roaming free.

condon66 likes this.
  2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I understand the love for dogs. They can be great pets/family members but, really? It's a dead dog. Some of the comments are as though we're talking about a human body being found.

SuddenBraking and speedluvn like this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You under estimate the animal love on the beeb. PETA members will be along shortly with sharpened screwdrivers.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As previously mentioned, call Animal Services. That is their job. They may also want to test the carcass for rabies.

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

Mot Okstef, Funkm05 and Yzasserina like this.
  6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I love animals too. All animals. I have a great appreciation for wildlife and mother nature in general. But don't threaten your neighbor's life because he shot your dog while it was eating your cat. Those people can fuck off.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dog was gone this morning. Either Wile E Coyote returned to finish his meal, the property owner found it, some other passerby reported it to AC (that's the best idea yet posited, BTW)...I dunno.

Problem at least removed if not solved.

No, actually, it was the best way I could think of to salve the pup's former owners' consciences that they were never going to see their dog again, but it was OK and living a happy life somewhere. Even though they did let their dog get loose and get dead, sometimes mistakes are made & shit happens. The meter reader let my two pits out about 15 years ago... I was shocked to get a call from AC they they had found them 2 blocks away from the house. I went to Home Depot that day and bought 2 lengths of logging chain and 2 padlocks for my gates.

8. speedluvn

Da fug mang! You not gon get those of us vigorously following this thread all emotionally wrecked, only to post a thread hours later, oh the dog is gone, there’s nothing to see here, move along. :mad:

Those in the PETA movement were, and probably still are, honing their pitchforks and screwdrivers.
    The PETA members are gonna need you to zealously provide some CSI-like investigative skills to determine the whereabouts of the carcass and if the owners have been notified and donate to the unknown K9’s burial.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Occasionally a dog may get loose and wander around. You indiscriminately shooting it because it wandered into your yard is rediculous. My kid had left a gate open one time and our oldest dog(a senior rescue)was appaerntly a wanderer and went for a walk. My pup followed him down the road.

Now, if there is a known problem dog, that is a different story, but thats not how you come across.

crashman and badmoon692008 like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Out here in the woods if you find death in your vicinity you bury it.

11. speedluvn

Is that to include ex wives as well? I’m asking for a friend.

motoracer1100 and auminer like this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Tell 'em...if it's dead...bury it. :D

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup. This.

Like the massive Rottie that was in my driveway the other morning when I was taking the kids to the car. No collar. Just looked at us, as a car pulled up and the dog’s owner came to retrieve him.

I did pull the screwdriver out of my pocket and was ready to test the thickness of its skull if it made any aggressive moves towards my kids. Hazel was no more than 10’ away from it, and kept moving towards it, and I barely got a hand on her to pull her back before she ran up to pet it.

14. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Ridiculous

You're right. I meant dogs that you can tell are up to no good. Now if a pack of wild kittens come tearing through the neighborhood them shits is done for.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This

Jedb likes this.
  16. jdaniel

jdaniel Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago the neighbors dog got loose and came down into my yard. It was extremely hot out but I was vacuuming out my truck. So what looks like a stray dog comes into the front yard, my dog barks and runs down there to greet it. I call her back and put her in the house just because. I go back to vacuuming the truck out and stopped paying attention to the dog thinking he would go on about his buisness. As I finish up the passenger side of the truck I step back and see that the dog is about 3 feet away from me having a full on seizure. My first assumption was that it was having a heat stroke, I grab the pop-up out of the shop to give him some shade and run some water over him to try and cool him down. Nothing was working so I thought "do I shoot him or take him to the emergency clinic?" I don't like to shoot things I don't have to, so I grabbed the dog bed out of the shop and put him on it in the back of the truck. I could hear his paws hitting the truck bed because of the seizure. About halfway to the clinic the scratching stopped so I pulled over. Dude had passed. He had a collar with chip information on it but I was getting nothing from that service. Call me back on Monday, that does me alot of good when I have a convulsing dog on Saturday. I buried him with all of my other animals who got the final tractor ride. That evening the neighbors down the street posted on that Neighborhood app thing, I sent the woman an email and she came down to the house. Turns out the dog had a history of epilepsy and the vet had told them his next would probably be his last. They got closure and she remarked that they didn't know what they were going to do with him when he passed, so me burying him solved that issue for them.

busa99, Murcielago311, lazlo and 4 others like this.
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

huh... never knew I was a canine predator.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Makes sense. Dogs eat some nasty stuff.

19. sdg

sdg *

good on you man

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I knew someone would go there...