1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a dead dog dilemma.

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Jul 23, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

All-wise beeb, I have a dilemma:

:(

I found a half-eaten ~25 pound dog this morning. Well, it was ~25# yesterday... only about 15# this morning. It was on my dog's walk this morning, she's the one that really found it, wouldn't quit pulling the leash once she got a whiff of it and she's NOT a puller. It was on a fairly distant neighbor's property, about 20 houses away in a burb neighborhood... 200 yards, easy, pretty well hidden in some shrubbery, in the front yard. It was in their front yard where any stray could roam up, as well as any coyote, which I presume is what did the deed. Quite the dilemma deciding what to do.

Do I leave the carcass and stay the hell out of the situation?

Do I try & find the owner and anonymously tell them that I've stolen their dog and I'll give it a good life & not irresponsibly let it run loose?

Or do I find them and let them have the remains so they can get closure and finality, even though that's probably damn near the WORST possible outcome for a missing dog? I know it would crush me to find my pup like that, but it would eat at me to just loser her & never know.

Options 2 & 3 are assuming they post lost dog posters. None around the neighborhood as of yet. Until then I'll stay with option 1 unless someone convinces me otherwise.

2. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Does it have a collar and tag to identify it? If so...I'd notify the owners.

3. auminer

Nope. No collar. Sorry, should've mentioned that.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Option 1. Except buy "GET WELL SOON" balloons and place them next to the carcass. Then take a pic and put it in the oddball pic thread. Kinda like that deer pic that time but with you know..... part of a dog.

5. sdg

sdg *

In a suburb, it'll get found shortly. I'd stay out of it.

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yea, do that and maybe the dog's owner is some fucking nut case that would blow your head off in a distraught rage finding his beloved pet with a pair of dumbass ballons tied to it half eaten. Sounds cool. Just sayin', it's really not that funny, and sort of borderline mentally ill.

Mike Lafayette likes this.
  7. SirCrashAlot

Fuck loose dogs. Gots no love for people that don't care to make sure their animals aren't terrorizing the neighbors. Couple of neighbor dogs came through the yard and got on the porch and killed my son's kittens.

I'll kill everyone of the son's of bitches that come through the yard. Collar or not.... could have been my son they got a hold of.

dtalbott, AC1108 and fastfreddie like this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So, the top half got eaten?

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  9. auminer

Nope... Canine predators start at the anus and work their way up.

10. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Well I agree with protecting your family, but you have no idea why the dog is there or who it may or may not belong to. What if you tied those balloons on it and some child came up and says that's his lost dog? Apparently the child is the asshole for not controlling his wild 25lb ankle biter.

We don't have "wild dogs" running around here, so we dont worry about that shit. I would think reporting it to a local shelter might be of some use because that's where most logical people would go looking for a dog, assuming it was a pet.

11. SirCrashAlot

Ok... yeah my post was a bit much and of course there's the sad kid angle. More making light of the crap that's being posted in the oddball pic thread than anything and I'm sure everyone has seen the deer one with the balloons.... anyway.

Where I live there are no leash laws and every baddass Indian on the reservation has to have a pitbull puppy till they get not so cute anymore and they drop em off somewhere. Then these lost pups find other worthless Indian castoffs and decide to form a pack of murdering cuddly pups.

I'm not racist.... I'm native too. Lol

12. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I just downloaded the Next Door app and lots of people post missing/found dogs. Maybe you can post there

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

We have leash laws in my municipality. Part of the ordinance also defines a “pack” as three or more.

The previous adjacent neighbor had three dogs that would get loose, shit in my yard and, for all I know, woulda/did come after my cats...cats that provide a rodent extermination service tho' one has since become hesitant to be outside without my presence. I chased those asshole neighbors away (yeah, they packed up and moved quite abruptly) and let the new dog-owning residents know the story...they're very keen to keep their dog close to home and, more importantly, quiet.

In the past, I have graciously and kindly taken care of a couple unknown “lost” dogs (collared) while finding their owners. Thankless pricks.
    No more...
    Mr. NiceGuy has checked out. Captain Spaulding has checked in.

Almost forgot...leave the dead dog alone.
    “Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.”

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Don’t most places have an animal control or similar that takes care of crap like this?

Mot Okstef likes this.
  16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Good way to at minimum, get the living shit beat out of you. I'd do much worse to you.

crashman and SirCrashAlot like this.
  17. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

+1.

I would call Animal Control and have them deal with it. If the owners had the dog chipped then they could be notified and you're out of the loop.

18. condon66

condon66 Member well known

If your dog was in my yard doing what he described, it would be dead, tough guy talk or no tough guy talk.

19. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Option #2?- where did that come from? You were kidding, right?
    Sorry you had to find the dog like that.

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

If the dog has an owner they’ll probably say you did it/caused it and sue somehow. I’d stay out of. People are crazy