1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Dominant World Champion Ever??

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Jul 22, 2019.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I met Bernie at the 2010 World Trial round in Tennessee. He has freshened up his look quite a lot. Had a chat with him about GP. He was a big Nicky fan.

And Bou is just amazing to watch. This was before the unicycle style took hold and the first season with the no stop rule. It was a disaster. The riders were all pissed at the observers who were trying thir best to adapt to the new rule. Fun as hell to see first hand, though.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
    You got some nerve! I'm surprised you were able to let go of his dick long enough to type that!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Figured it out. I was thinking of Geoff Aaron. He was the champ around the only time I paid any attention Trials competition.

[​IMG]

ducnut likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn... :crackup:

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not to take anything from the guy, but things like this are always dictated by the level of competition you are faced with. You could find some super obscure past time that no one else is really into but you just happen to be an idiot savant at it....next thing you know you're setting records for number of consecutive world championships lol.

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13 years?

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Me.

I had a Yamaha TY80 as a kid.

8. motoboy

:crackup:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Schwantz.

10. motoboy

Paul Bird transitioned from road racing to trials. A different kind of trials, of course.

NemesisR6 and BigBird like this.
  11. Adam.B

Adam.B Member

The place is called the trials training center. They also hold an extreme enduro called the the knockout, usually in August. I watched in 2017 when Johnny Walker, and Cody Webb competed. Pretty amazing to see in person the skill the pros have.

12. motoboy

Sammy Miller started in trials, then also ran grass track and roadracing.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Dick Mann.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Have you watched a video of what this guy can do? He is from another planet. Plus, 13 years as the best in the world with 26 championships. Even if it was tiddlywinks I would be impressed.

motoboy likes this.
  15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Jordan Szoke here in Canada. Multi time trials and superbike Canadian national champ.

stk0308, BigBird and cha0s#242 like this.
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Danilo Petrucci. It’s unfortunate that nowadays the path to at least the world GP paddock seems to be so conventional.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This is a good observation. I think certain people find and dominate a particular almost ecological niche. They’re so good that they dominate the field and and make an excellent living, but don’t move on because either the living isn’t good enough elsewhere or the jump is fraught with too much risk. It’s also hard for up and comers to beat these guys because they have so much momentum. There’s a couple examples. I believe there’s a lot to this because no one is THAT much better when you’re talking elites. I think it’s explained by an interplay of talent, timing, and economics.

Strangely enough, this is the first guy I thought of.

Here’s a few others:

Johnny Rea
    Mat Mladin
    Carl Fogarty

Bou is amazing, I don’t follow trials much, is there anyone that looks like they might unseat him?

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Geoff Aaron?

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. joec

joec brace yourself

You should see Toni bou on a bicycle! And he does the red bull hard scramble series sorry also and I'm pretty sure he's win the championship there too!

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

While impressive, It's all sport dependent.

Michael Jordan. I mean if he didn't go play baseball, it would have been 8 years in a row

Forrest Gump was a hell of a ping pong player and just gave it up.