1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messing with bike in the pits

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Saw this little blurb on page 29 of July RRW. Thursday night at Road America somebody cranked the rear preload way up on Rocco Landers bike to where it was almost rigid.
    Apparently some race dad is mad his kid's getting beat. Too bad this shit still goes on .

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

i mean touching somebody's anything unwarranted is grounds for a beat down at a minimum. touching a kid's bike is well, unthinkable.

Adam.B, jksoft, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And I’d have cranked the front preload too, if not for that meddling Steve Isenhower and his trailer! :D

lazlo, 969, Circacee and 4 others like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Was Uncle Clarence around?

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

can you crank the preload up on a minibike??? :)

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Don't put down Uncle Clarence's "skills. "

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Not a race dad...a shitbum.

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

He would still probably win anyway.

Banditracer likes this.
  10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

At what point can we classify this as attempted manslaughter? Somebody is going to get seriously hurt. I just dont understand some people.

11. Happened to me at the GNF one year. I was racing the RSV4 and R6 at the time.

We had good settings already from the previous days, so we didn’t plan on touching anything before practice.

Went to start the R6 and both switches were on (keyless), so the battery was dead. That’s not a mistake Livengood makes, but we didn’t think much about it.

Missed that practice due to the bike being dead, so jumped on the RSV4. It wasn’t dead (key required), but I almost wadded it up in the first hot lap.

Came in to find every adjustment maxed out. Checked the R6, and it was the same (all maxed out).

Motherfuckers.

12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

What about your open trailer setup at Barber? :Pop:

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

My money is on a pissed off woman looking for some water...

On a serious note, shit like that can kill someone. I would invest in those battery powered ring cameras.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

:confused:

Never been to Barber

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What kind of sorry sack of shit does crap like that?

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's why we never left our bikes out at the track - and still checked settings in the morning, to avoid an accidental mis-calc on our own accord.

cav115, wsmc42 and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

This is beyond bad on so many levels with safety being #1.
    When I was racing karts as a kid I was witness to so many parents behaving badly. Left a lasting impression of how I never wanted to present myself in life.

laich528 likes this.
  18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Wouldn't someone notice a person walking up to a bike and wrenching on it and walking away? How they hell can that happen?

drop likes this.
  19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Stuff left out at night. We were parked across the open part of the lot and never saw anything but we were asleep for most of the night also.

We had shit messed with once back in 2005. Wasn’t anything serious but still...Someone would have a bad day if I caught them.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

None of us ever messed with settings, but I can recall several keys that were "misplaced" overnight at the GNF from some LW bikes .