1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The Corvette facilities track?

2. It HAD to look like a corvette. That was an absolute must for the c8. The c9 May start to venture off that path but they were worried enough about the purists with the change all the while trying to attract a new market with a mid engine car. The perception of a mid engine car to some is that’s it’s a hyper car, they are banking on a lot of that. Fiero jokes aside they sold a lot of those and they had understeer like no other as well as a 0-60 time that was probably close to k-car territory.

ducnut likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The thing a Vette has that the hellcat and gt350 don’t, is that there aren’t any stripped out v6 models flooding the streets. It’s ONLY a halo car.

Murcielago311 and ducnut like this.
  4. Nope. A place a lot more fun.

5. Excellent point as well. I was only speaking performance wise but this is also a great point.

6. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

JBowen33 likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I get that, but it honestly looks like when you take your original LEGO kit and try to figure out what else you can make from it!

8. rd400racer

Gotcha. My old company did all of the construction work at the Corvette plant and we built their test track (the Museum too). It really isn't much of a track as tracks go.

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So what is a base MSRP on this thing? Have they announced it?

Oh, and I think they did a great job.....that car is going to be a missile.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the dealers will make sure no one pays MSRP, for years to come. I feel like this car is going to be a huge seller and every single one GM can produce will sell as soon as it hits a dealer lot. No reason to even look at upper-end Camaro at this pricepoint.

418 likes this.
  11. rd400racer

I heard under $60K base and also that they're phasing out the Camaro.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’d be hard to fathom. Still seems like I see a lot of the lower-end models being sold. I mean, for some people, the Camaro model is still a dream, even for rental customers. It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

This. So much this. The stripped down base models for the Mustang and Camaro have always left a black mark in my mind for those cars. The top of the line models may be fantastic but I don't want my hair dresser to go "oh I have a Mustang too!."

ducnut likes this.
  14. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Prepare for the line item "Market Adjustment" $25,000

code3ryder and ducnut like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Obviously you didn’t live through the days of the Mustang II if you think today’s offerings are an affront to musclecardom...

stk0308, Bloodhound and Steeltoe like this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t want a hair dresser. :D

17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's attractive at all based on the pictures. There's something going on with the proportions that I don't like, but I may be swayed after seeing one in person.

18. rd400racer

Here's the article that gives a rather tedious opinion, so take it for what it's worth...https://www.motor1.com/news/356610/chevy-camaro-discontinue-2023/

ducnut likes this.
  19. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I like it. And for that price, I love it. I may be able to afford a supercar after all. I'm for sure going to check it out in person when the car show comes to town.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Not so bad. :D

03577B94-4858-47A7-B6B4-D1BC21A390AD.jpeg