1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres the fz 750'S

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by wonderinwhy, Jan 25, 2019.

1. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

Picture attempt

Attached Files:

yamageezer likes this.
  2. wonderinwhy

I got more pic's if intristed

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nice!! Now get that thing safety wired!!

4. wonderinwhy

DONT EAVEN START !!! some of the safty wireing is still in place, and it probably wouldnt take more than twenty miniuts to button her up. i must stay focused. im on a mission from God. on friday, while the ice in the driveway was melting, and the streets were drying, i lowered the psi down to 26 psi, in the new, thirty yr old dunlop k591's. after gingerly ideling across one remaining ice flow, i made it to the street. she feels tight and pulled firmley and strong. now, had i safty wired her, i would have noticed that i had neglected to lock in the pad retention pins up front. good thing i have mature, control over my emotions and resisted the urge to twist the tube wide open. only lost one pad, got spares...all good. and besides that, i put the mirrors and rear turn signals on her, just in case i find some young squid up hear that wants to impress his father with a fine colectors item like this one. moved her over to the side for now and started the teardown on the klx 300. i know its only got one rear shock and its green, but it has your name written all over it. its licensed & registered in ill. you would look good on it running back forth to buy lotto tickets. leathers came back on friday also, did not have them re-colored, the petina & ashfalt stains qualifys them as being pre crashed. they snugged up a bit in the chest area, probably the result of my extreme tranning program i have out together in preperation for what ever it is that im gona do. i kinda like the alpine back protector with the kidney belt, hope it fits in there. would like to squeeze a chest protector in there too, my heart cant take much more of this. after the 10 min. road test everything works and all fluids stayed where they belong, confirming what a finely preserved machine this is. did i forget to mention she has only 1212 miles on her ???..........peace geezer

5. britx303

Hell i'd love to get it.......but just picked up yet another fzr600 and its getting a full strip down at the moment for the concours attempt. FZRs are like Jell-O. There's always room for Jell-O.:D

6. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Where is this FZ750 located?

7. wonderinwhy

The fz is about 18 miles west of chicago, in a warm garage. Im thinkin about maybe parking a car in this garage some day. But thats a realy big decission. Would have to sell 4 or 5 bikes for that to happen.

8. wonderinwhy

Im not to fond of working, always getting laid off because of my age, my limp, and sometimes my attitude. A road trip/delivery is always a possibility.

9. Max49v

Max49v New Member

I'm down 1 Bike and 1 Wife. Very interested in Bike if still available...

10. wonderinwhy

Yes the fz is still available, i also have one wife available if interisted. Package deal ?????

ToofPic and pscook like this.
  11. wonderinwhy

I usually dont sell my motorcycles, i only remember selling one, a wr500 about 15 or so yrs ago. Forgot how it goes. Very interisted is usually followed with price drop of 300.00. So the asking price is now 2400.00

12. One Racer

One Racer New Member

We here at INDY Superbike Factory are putting together an 86' FZ750 from all EX-Kit parts, Shaping up very nicely. Pic's are from race shop tonight. DRY clutch just not worth the hassle if you want to ride it. We are excited beyond words to be headed to Barber this summer! Bike should be on track within a month or so.

Attached Files:

• FZC.pdf
      File size:
      68.5 KB
      Views:
    • FZE.pdf
      File size:
      66.8 KB
      Views:
  13. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Have had the dry clutch in mine for 25 years with no issues. Track days and street bike use.

14. nwagner2002

nwagner2002 New Member

Funny, the first post sounded like me exactly, except it was an '82 RD350LC I put away in '88. I did a superbike shool and a track day on my BMW this summer, and slowly came to the realization that I'm not as taletented as I remembered. I wanted a FZ 750 so bad back then it hurt.

15. gofastpinhead

gofastpinhead Well-Known Member

Here’s mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. britx303

NICE!!!

gofastpinhead likes this.
  17. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

Nice!! Your garage looks killer! Can you post a pic that shows the entire garage?

18. gofastpinhead

Holy crap....those are the discs I have been looking for. I recently bought a dymag front wheel and it only had 1 front disc. I have been searching for another if not a pair. Good to know they’re brembo.

19. gofastpinhead

Haha....not my garage.

20. wonderinwhy

nice to get back to this thread. finally got a new computer. been busy, had to get a job too. also found out I aint as talented as I used to be. bikes and riders have changed a little in 30 years. these kids are comeing to the track with hundreds of hours at track days and schools. the slow guys are fast. so I did alittle schooling of my own. got comfortable with an r6, dialed in the suspension, went to dunlaps, still struggling alittle with GP shift. started going fast and pushing my mental limits. bike was sticking real good, until it wasn't. glad to get that first crash outa the way. bike needs some fiberglass & tach and a few other little things. held up real good going over that five foot tall berm. also good to know I can still take a hit. only concern is that concussion I added to my list of concussions...…..duz that make sence ??? now I realy gota sell the old fz750.