1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some old guy had my girlfriend as his phones screensaver

Discussion in 'General' started by FrancisA, May 26, 2019.

1. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Definitely look up one of the family farm tours as they are well worth it. I don't remember the name of the family farm I went to on a cruise back in 2009 but they had the best food & hospitality, along with a tour of the property. They even show you the grinding wheels used to make the olive oil they use in their food. Here's a link to one I found that looks pretty similar to the one I went to. Well worth the time.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...rovnik_Dubrovnik_Neretva_County_Dalmatia.html

The one I went to was all served family style in a large dining room after the tour. After that meal it was back to the cruise ship for a nap! :)

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We only used Split as our airhub -- did not stay there at all, so can't help. We spent most of our time in the north, based out of Zadar.

Dubronik is incredibly scenic, but crowded. The old walled city isn't all that large, but it is steep, and there are a maze of walkways. The modern part of town has the big cruise ship terminal, and we avoided that area entirely (it may be nice and lots of cool things to see, and good places to eat, but it was -- as expected -- full of tuorons.

Be sure to walk the wall around the old city. It probably takes a couple hours, but you should do the whole circuit, and maybe stop at one of the cafes and take in a cold one. There are numerous museums, nice cafes, lots of trinket and high-end little shops, and churches to keep you busy. There is a good swimming spot on the SW side outside the wall. There are myriad restaurants, and we thought the food was good but not great, and pretty expensive, compared to more local joints. Local cuisine has favorites of black risotto (squid ink) and fried calamar (which can be amazing -- fresh and unlike anything you've had stateside).

This likely won't be as big an issue for you, but we actually didn't realize that coastal Croatia is very humid, and we live in a dry clime. Not super hot, 30-35C, but very humid. This feature made grabbing fistfulls of water coming out of the spring fed Onofrio's fountain that is magically cool and refreshing to splash on your face and gulp down. One of the two entrances to the tower/wall walk is right near the fountain. Be sure to spend enough time to get a sense of time and history, and how this place somehow survived all the wars. Its pretty amazing. We did not take the tram up to the ridge above town. We did talk to to folks that said it was worthwhile and very scenic.

We stayed in a BnB on the cliff above the old city -- there are a lot of them there, but the whole town is full of accommodations, if you haven't already booked.

We loved our time in Croatia. If you can, its worth it to make up to Plitvice -- its unlike anything I've ever seen. And that takes you through the rural countryside, where you can stop at a cafe and get fresh, spit-roasted pig or lamb -- unbelievably good. Do try to get out of the ciities -- you'll get a much better flavor for the people and times. Beers are stock Eurolagers, but you can get Staropromen (Czecho), even the dark, some places. Wine is good, and cheap.

PM me any other questions. I may have to call up Zoran to get the straight poop though. :D

cBJr likes this.
  3. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

If you happen to take a day cruise to one of the islands, don't hitch hike a ride from one of the island locals. You might wind up having to run 6 miles back to the ship before it takes off, leaving you stuck on said island...:crackup:

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Drive along the coast.
    How long you staying there?

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

We have 8 full days, not including travel days. Our plan is to spend 4 days in Dubrovnik and then rent a car and drive the coast to Split. From there my wife wants to keep the rental car and take a couple day trips. Then we thought about the last night or two island hopping back to Dubrovnik to fly home.

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You can go to Mostar and Sarajevo which is in Bosnia. For islands Hvar is nice and Korcula, nice old towns. Those are down there.
    I don't like Split. I thing northern cost is much nicer and raw.
    Zadar (my home town) is another 1 1/2 hr north from Split and used to be like Dubrovnik all in walls and actually bigger but most of the walls got destroyed in WW2.
    Plitvice lakes Dave mentioned are 3hr from Split. You can visit Tesla home there.

cBJr and Phl218 like this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So true. I know some HOT wimmin cops who are fine as fuck in street clothes. Put their uniform on, gut city. Always ruins my fantasy.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Pics of said hotties...and what about some shots of pizza MILFs.
    C'mon man show us the babes of Greenville. :D

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What are the qualifiers, exactly? In possession of 20 plus of their teeth? (on a necklace doesn't count)

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I wish @FrancisA would give us an update. It's the least he can do, considering he started this train wreck. Might as well finish it.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. auminer

I'm pretty sure FrankieBoy was just the latest in a line of fake personas on the beeb.

The Sheik, Cortezmachine. Francis. ... All of them stirred up the beeb to a frenzy then *poof*

Maybe @Dave K is making them all up in his spare time to f@ck with us? :D

NemesisR6, Newsshooter and dieterly like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know someone who met him at a race track a few weeks after his BBS flameout.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Was he PAWG-ing out or did some old guy show him some new pics?

16. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Was he inquiring about the availability of Pirelli race tires and free shipping options, by chance?

SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  17. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I suppose someone could call him up and ask. I believe he had some ads up to sell some things. His number is likely in them.

18. auminer

That would be creepy. Much better to just sit back & ridicule him without all the facts. :D

SpeedyE and A. Barrister like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

and when he answers the phone, "Dave K", what's your move?

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!